Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Cannot start "Intel® Optane™ Memory And Storage Mngmt" as User -> Workaround found

kpav
Beginner

Dear support team,

Win 10, 64 bit, Version 2004

I just installed (as User in domain network) the current "Intel Optane ....." from Microsoft Store, but I cannot start it:
When I try to launch it (either from the Store button or from the start menu) two UAC pop up successively, where I enter the credentials from  a local admin account, but after that a Error MessageBox appears:

"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AppUp.IntelOptaneMemoryandStorageManagement_17.9.1008.0_x64__8j3eq9eme6ctt\RstHSA.Wpf\RstHSA.Wpf.exe" konnte nicht gefunden werden. Stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie den Namen richtig eingegeben haben und wiederholen Sie den Vorgang.

In fact the exe does exist at this place.

Then I logged into the same computer with the local admin account, I had to install the app from Store again, and here it works!

Just tested: Back to my usual login as domain user -> now it works here as well.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kpav
Beginner

Hi Josh,
thanks for your reply, yes with the work around it is ok, you can close this issue.

Best regards,
kpav

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, kpav.

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you needed assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory Series, due to an error at the moment of trying to run the tool. If we infer correctly, you already solved the issue by using the Administrator account in your PC and now it is working.

We appreciate the time you took to share your findings and the solution with the community, and we will like to know if you need further assistance, or if we can close this inquiry now?

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Josh B.
Intel® Customer Support Technician
A Contingent Worker at Intel®

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, kpav.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to your Intel® Optane™ Memory, and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post and if you needed further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Best regards.

Josh B.

0 Kudos
kpav
Beginner

Hi Josh,
thanks for your reply, yes with the work around it is ok, you can close this issue.

Best regards,
kpav

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, kpav.

Thank you for your reply,

As per your consent, we will close this community thread. If you need further assistance related to the Intel® Optane™ Memory, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos