Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1352 Discussions

Disk Space Error, 7-zip CRC error, install error, fail installation error code 1603

Krizle
Beginner

I have no idea if I am asking in the right place but here I go. I will write in detail the issues I have had and lead to where I am now.

(Specs) I have a Dell XPS 8960, Model OXD433, Version A01, BIOS 2.6.0, with a RTX 4090, i9-13900k,  64Gb ram (4800mhz). 3 hard drives installed, one with 2000 gb ssd, another with 1000gb ssd and the other with 2000 gb hhd. Two of the hard drives I have added seperatley in different occasions.

I originally I was playing Diablo 4 at max settings with raytracing and the game was crashing, found of forums 40-series cards were having issues with the ray tracing. So I disabled it until nvidia releasaes a fix for it. However there was a random time when the game crashed a message popped up saying "system out of memory," at the time ignored thinking it was related only to the ray tracing. 

(where serious problems began) I then attempt to play League of Legends for the first time since Vangaurd (anti-cheat system) was released. I installed Vangaurd but everytime client would load it would say "requires restart to play" but everytime I did after restarting I would get a BSOD "what failed vgk .sys." I then contacted riot support for this issue and these are the instructions given to me to follow.

1. To make sure your device has Test Signing Mode disabled, enter Command Prompt in Administrator Mode (Windows key -> cmd -> Run as Administrator)

2. Here, type in and press enter for the following command:

* bcdedit /set TESTSIGNING off

3. To make sure your device has Driver Signing Enforcement turned on, enter Command Prompt in Administrator Mode. In here, type in and press enter for the following command:

* bcdedit /set nointegritychecks OFF.

This did not solve the problem. so the next set off instructions were sent to me. 

"Check Windows Update

It's important that you have the latest WINDOWS UPDATES.
The game is optimized to work best when on the latest version of Windows and updating can resolve a number of issues.
You can update windows by doing the following:

1. Type Windows Update into your start menu search bar.
2. Run that app and click Check for updates.
3. Download and apply any pending updates.
4. Restart your computer."

"Check for any Malware

Scan your computer, you can use Malwarebytes to do so (this is just a recommended precaution).
After scanning your computer and removing any threats that pop-up, you can proceed to uninstall the software."

"Clean Boot

It could be that other programs are interfering with the game.
To eliminate the possibility of that happening, let's turn off your unnecessary start-up processes.

1. Press [Windows Key] + R
2.Type msconfig into the text bar at the bottom of the menu
3. Click on the Services tab
4. Check Hide all Microsoft services <--- Super important! Protects you from accidentally disabling a key process!
5. Click the Disable All button
6. Find vgc and re-check that one.
7. Restart your computer

If you are able to successfully launch the game after doing so, please enable the disabled services one by one,
to check which program is interfering with the game."

"Disable 3rd party apps (AV & VPN)

Please disable any 3rd party antiviruses and/or VPNs that you have installed.

This also did not solve my problem. The next set of instructions were sent to me. 

"Perform DDU

Let's try clean reinstalling your Graphic Drivers to see if the issue persists. 
Please make sure to clean reinstall your Intel Graphic Drivers first, before doing so for the other Graphic Drivers.

1. Launch Windows in Safe mode.
    • Press Windows logo key + X on the keyboard.
    • Hold the Shift key while clicking Restart from Shut down or sign out menu.
    • Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After the PC restarts, a list of options will be shown. Select 5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

2. Download the latest version of DDU - guru3d 

3. Disable Automatic Installer.

• Press the windows button and search for “Advanced System Settings”
    • Go to “Hardware” tab, and press the “Device Installation Settings” option
    • Click on “No (your device might not work as expected)”
    • Save changes.

4. Extract DDU

5. Launch Display Driver Uninstaller.exe
    • If it is your first time, there will be a prompt notification about DDU. Select “OK” and you should see the options as below.
    • If you are using AMD hardware, tick all the boxes as in the picture, boxed in Red, and if you are using NVIDIA, tick the Boxes boxed in Green. However on both systems, make sure that the option in Orange is ticked, so that windows does not download excess and unnecessary files.

6. On the Drop down menu, please select the hardware that you have.
    • And Click on Clean and Restart
    • Depending on your hardware and how many registry keys and drivers on your system, this might take a while to complete.
    • Once it is done, exit and it should restart by itself.
    • Once the PC restarts, it should not reinstall the GPU driver by itself.

7. Install the GPU drivers manually.
    • Download the drivers for your devices from the following links, and install using the on screen instructions:
(If you have both an integrated Intel and a dedicated Nvidia card, please update both. It's important to install the Intel Driver first in order to allow Nvidia Optimus to work properly)

"SFC

System File Checker is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corrupted Windows system files

To run System File Checker (SFC), follow these steps:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, right-click Command Prompt, then select Run as administrator > Yes.
2. At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and the /). Scanning will take a few minutes.
3. If SFC finds corrupted files and replaces them, restart your PC and check if the issue persists.

DISM

Since several things from Windows may be unsigned, let's go ahead and fix them up by doing a full check-up of your Windows. 
For this, first I suggest that you use a DISM command to check for any corrupted files. Please follow these steps:

1. Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Type the following command and press Enter:
      DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
3. After the process completes type the following command and press Enter:
      DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
4. Wait for the process to complete."

This did not work and left my computer in a worst state and now Riot support (Samoyed specifically) refuses to respond anymore of my messages.

Main problem, I tried to update my nvidia driver but would receive 7 zip: CRC error. Tried to update through Geforce Experience and would say "installation failed" or "not enough space disk space" even though there is plenty of space and i recently removed the bitlocks. Also tried to install dell support assist and would recieve "install error 1603." I have done a memory dianostic and results are fine. I also atttempt to do a Microsoft Defender Antivirus (offline scan) but the system does not respond when i click "scan now." The hard drives say they are healthy and have done diagnoses through MiniTool Partition with no problems found. Checked for malware thoughh malwarebytes and found nothing . I did a full system reset with clean of hard hard drives and after re-installing windows and everything, the exact same issue persisted. 

That is where I am at, I dont know what to do at this point. Anything I search on the web seems not to be related or I simply cannot understand some of the complexity of the instructions for the fix. Please help

0 Kudos
7 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Krizle,

Thank you for contacting Intel Support,

We see that you are getting the error given below while gaming :

Disk Space Error, 7-zip CRC error, install error, fail installation, error code 1603.

And we also see that there is an Intel Optane Memory, in question.

Before we proceed, please clarify the below questions.

Please share the exact model of the Intel Optane memory used on this Dell unit?

And also confirm if the Intel Optane Memory has come with the Dell unit or was purchased separately?

Thanks & Regards

Arun

0 Kudos
Krizle
Beginner
I am assuming you are referring to the two ssd hard drives, if I am correct.
2x PM9A1 NVMe Samsung 1024GB & 2048GB
One of them came with the computer and the other was a gift from a friend. I don't remember which one came from where.
0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Krizle,

Thank you for contacting Intel support.

We see that there is an error code while gaming, as given below :

Disk Space Error, 7-zip CRC error, install error, fail installation error code 1603.

And there is an Intel Optane Memory on this Dell unit under consideration.

Please confirm if the Intel Optane Memory was shipped with the Dell unit, or was separately purchased?

And please confirm the exact model of the Intel Optane Memory?

Thanks & Regards

Arun

0 Kudos
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hi Krizle,

Warm greetings and good day to you.

As per your update, the system does not have any Intel Optane product. We would recommend you to contact Dell or Samsung in regards with the issue you are currently facing.

If there is no further clarification needed from Intel Support. We would appreciate your conformation to archive this thread.

Regards,

Ragulan_Intel

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Krizle,

This is the first follow-up regarding the install error, fail installation error code 1603, you reported to us.

We wanted to inquire whether you had the opportunity to contact the OEM.

Thanks & Regards

Arun_Intel

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Krizle,

This is the second follow-up regarding the reported issue, if you were able to contact the OEM and if we are good to get this case closed from our end.

Thanks & Regards

Arun_Intel

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Krizle

This is the Third follow-up regarding the reported issue, if you were able to contact the OEM and if we are good to get this case closed from our end.

Thanks & Regards

Arun_Intel

0 Kudos