Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1346 Discussions

Error Enabling Intel® Optane™ Memory The Intel® Optane™ memory application ran into a problem. Error Code: 0xA0070015

vska
Novice

Previously it worked with the latest Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, so I believe all the BIOS settings were correct. I changed into Intel® Optane™ Memory and it would not work anymore.

The report from Intel® System Support Utility is as attached. Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, vska.

Good day,

Thank you very much for waiting.

We have reviewed all the information and could not find anything pointing toward a problem with the Optane Module or software, there was something similar reported on a different motherboard, but this got fixed by installing the RST driver specific for that motherboard from the manufacturer's website.

I found the RST driver for your system on the downloads page, it is listed under the "Other" section for some reason, not under SATA as it usually is:

- https://www.asus.com/Commercial-Desktop/ASUSPRO-D640MB/HelpDesk_Download/

- Download version 17.7.0.1006

Based on that, our recommendations are:

1. Check if that OEM driver version allows you to enable Optane acceleration, you may also try other previous versions from that page.

[Edited as the other recommendations were not necessary and could cause other problems as confirmed by the customer]

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
31 Replies
vska
Novice

Dear Bruce,

Thank you for your follow ups. I am currently quite busy with other things. I will try to install fresh Windows 10 during the weekend and let you know the outcome, thank you.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, vska.

I completely understand, thank you for letting me know.

I will keep the ticket open and wait for your confirmation.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
vska
Novice

Dear Bruce,

I have installed a fresh Windows 10 on the corresponding drive but the outcome is the same:

new.png

I also attached the report from Intel® System Support Utility for the fresh Windows 10 installation. Please let me know if there is anything else to be tested, thank you.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, vska.

Thank you very much for taking the time to try that.

I would like to know if you can provide the Optane related logs after the error occurs, these log files may include error codes that can be used to identify specific issues and narrow the possible options to fix them.

You can search for the log files in C:\Users\[your user name]\Intel\Logs. You'll find different files such as the ones listed below, you can zip those files and attach them to this ticket as well:

• IntelOptaneMemory.log
  • IntelRST.log
  • OptaneMemoryPinning.log
  • OptaneMemoryUI.log

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
vska
Novice

Dear Bruce,

Attached please find the corresponding logs from the 2 different Windows 10, thank you.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, vska.

Good day,

Thank you very much for the information.

Please allow me to review this and I will contact you back as soon as possible.

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, vska.

Good day,

Thank you very much for waiting.

We have reviewed all the information and could not find anything pointing toward a problem with the Optane Module or software, there was something similar reported on a different motherboard, but this got fixed by installing the RST driver specific for that motherboard from the manufacturer's website.

I found the RST driver for your system on the downloads page, it is listed under the "Other" section for some reason, not under SATA as it usually is:

- https://www.asus.com/Commercial-Desktop/ASUSPRO-D640MB/HelpDesk_Download/

- Download version 17.7.0.1006

Based on that, our recommendations are:

1. Check if that OEM driver version allows you to enable Optane acceleration, you may also try other previous versions from that page.

[Edited as the other recommendations were not necessary and could cause other problems as confirmed by the customer]

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
vska
Novice

Dear Bruce,

I am happy to tell you that it worked! The main culprit was the RST driver. The OEM RST driver is different from the generic version and I was misled to use the generic one by the Asus support guy. My bad to not carefully find the OEM RST driver in the official website. The lesson I learned is that generic drivers may not be compatible to your hardware and I should first carefully find the corresponding OEM driver to be safe. I downloaded the RST driver from Asus website as you suggested and then the following happened:

Working.png

1. It worked perfectly.
  2. As the first option worked fine, I did not try to install other drivers.
  3. In my understanding, the document from Asus suggested to change from AHCI into Intel RST Premium with Optane. I tried anyway out of curiosity and this is what I have:AHCI.png
  4. I purchased it separately.

I would like to show my gratitude towards you and Leon for the time and efforts addressing my issues here. The case is closed, thank you.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, vska.

I'm really glad to hear that your Optane is working fine now.

I want to thank you for the time invested in the troubleshooting process. I will make sure to add more details about this error message as this may help other customers.

If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
vska
Novice

Dear Bruce,

I use Intel® Driver & Support Assistant to keep the Intel® drivers updated and it recommended me to update the RST driver to the most recent version 17.8.0.1065. I updated the driver anyway and it works well. As it is now using the latest generic RST driver, I am curious what was wrong with my issue last time? We started with the generic RST driver but it did not work. Then we used the OEM RST driver instead as you suggested and it worked fine and still working fine even with the most recent generic RST driver. Could you point out what was the bottleneck here? Why we could not start with the generic RST driver to make it work at the first time? Attached please find the most recent report from Intel® System Support Utility for your reference.

Recent RST driver.png

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, vska.

Thank you for letting me know.

Knowing that the error was present just during the final steps (after you try to activate it), it could be just incompatibility between the generic driver and the motherboard for that purpose, but now that acceleration was enabled successfully, updating the driver does not cause any problems since this happens only during the activation steps.

It is still indeed a strange behaviour, thank you for the heads-up.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos