Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Error enabling intel optane memory. Error code: 0xA008002D

BKafl
Beginner

Hi, i have acer nitro an515-52 laptop. Recently i reset my laptop. Before that the optane memory was fully working and has given a good performance. But after reseting my laptop it is not shiwing in IRST. And when i try to install it ,it says error enabling i tel optane memory. Unsupported system bios or bios is set in legacy mode. Error code 0xa008002d. But it was running on the same bios version before ie. V1.19.

Please help me with this.​

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Please read the description for Ox008002D error Code https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024113/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html
  2. The other reason can be that you you didn't disabled The Intel Optane Memory before reset your laptop. So, the enablement is written in the Intel Optane Memory module. If you didn't disable Optane memory you can do this from Bios. I don't know how your Bios looks, so, I can't instruct you. For example, in my computer it can be done from Advanced > Devices > Add_inn Configuration > Intel Rapid Storage Technology - click on Configure, click on Optane Volume and disable enablement.
  3. Instead of using Bios, you may want to wipe the contents of Optane Module from command Prompt.

Leon