Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

H10 SSD Encryption type

Weirdbear
Beginner

Does the H10 Optane 32GB/512GB SSD support hardware encryption?

Online sources have conflicting information, some don't list any, and some list AES-256 hardware encryption.

Org laptops are curently using XTS-AES 128 (software encryption) in Bitlocker but unsure if this is a configuration issue or if hardware encryption is not supported.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Weirdbear.

Thank you for patiently waiting.

The H10 does not have hardware encryption, but it is compatible with BitLocker's software-based encryption, exactly as it is being used in your organization. The only observation would be that it is recommended to enable the Optane Memory acceleration after the encryption.

The section "Encryption" (Page 4) of the following document can provide more details about this in case you would like to review it:

- https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/NSG_Client_Solution_Kit_Optane_Implementation_Guide.pdf

Please let me know if you have other questions, I will follow up on October 12th in case additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Weirdbear.

Good day,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your case regarding the Intel Optane Memory H10, I will be glad to assist you.

Please allow me to review your question regarding the drive encryption and I will contact you back as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Weirdbear.

Thank you for patiently waiting.

The H10 does not have hardware encryption, but it is compatible with BitLocker's software-based encryption, exactly as it is being used in your organization. The only observation would be that it is recommended to enable the Optane Memory acceleration after the encryption.

The section "Encryption" (Page 4) of the following document can provide more details about this in case you would like to review it:

- https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/NSG_Client_Solution_Kit_Optane_Implementation_Guide.pdf

Please let me know if you have other questions, I will follow up on October 12th in case additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Weirdbear.

Thank you for marking he thread as resolved.

I will close the thread right now, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back by opening a new thread or via any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos