Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

HDD not shown up in Device Manager or Disk Management but recognised by Intel Optane Memory

fishfis
Beginner

My HDD suddenly disconnected and dissappeared from Device Manager. But for some reasons i can still look it up in the Intel Memory and Storage Management. Any ideas what problem have i run into ?

intel.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What you need to do it mark the drive as not being used for RAID or Optane. There could be a way to do this within the OMSM all; I am not sure. I usually do this in the Intel RST BIOS Support.

...S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What do you believe your system configuration actually is? This HDD is marked locked/offline; that's why you cannot see it in DM. It is also marked as being an array member, which would seem to indicate that the drive is considered part of a RAID array???

...S

fishfis
Beginner

I'm not really awared of my system configurations as the drive ran just fine until when i turned on my laptop without plugging in the AC adapter.  Why does the Intel Management app say that the HDD is locked ? Is it some sort of Security Freeze Lock or something ?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What you need to do it mark the drive as not being used for RAID or Optane. There could be a way to do this within the OMSM all; I am not sure. I usually do this in the Intel RST BIOS Support.

...S