Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

I have Samsung 970 evo plus 1Tb and intel memory optane 32 gb

Maggie805
Beginner

Hello,

I got a new m2 ssd for my windows and reinstalled the windows;

I have multiple drives:

1 m2 ssd - windows boot drive Samsung 970 evo plus 1Tb

3 ssd drives - 1 sandisk 240 gb (which I had the windows previously on now it's empty) and two other ssd drives

1 hdd - toshiba 3.7 TB

1 hdd - 8tb

1 memory intel optane 32 gb

I want to setup the intel memory optane to work with toshiba hdd. But I get the message that "no compatible disks for intel optane memory", even though in the past I paired it with the toshiba hdd.

I have set it up in the BIOS as previously Intel raid, and have the hdd as GPT. but I still get this message.

How can I make it work? do you have any idea what i am doing wrong? 

Thanks,

Ana

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. In the Capture.PNG, I can see that the EFI System Partition was installed on the Optane drive. This partition should be a part of the C: drive. So, you need to move the EFI partition to the Samsung 970 Evo, using third party tool or reinstall the OS from scratch.

2. In addition the Optane Drive should be wiped up and show one unallocated space before enabling it again

3. You should also schrink the last partition on the Toshiba drive, leaving 5MB minimum of unallocated space in the end of drive boeing accelerated.

4. Please refer to the to Intel Optane M Series Installation Guide

Leon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. In the Capture.PNG, I can see that the EFI System Partition was installed on the Optane drive. This partition should be a part of the C: drive. So, you need to move the EFI partition to the Samsung 970 Evo, using third party tool or reinstall the OS from scratch.

2. In addition the Optane Drive should be wiped up and show one unallocated space before enabling it again

3. You should also schrink the last partition on the Toshiba drive, leaving 5MB minimum of unallocated space in the end of drive boeing accelerated.

4. Please refer to the to Intel Optane M Series Installation Guide

Leon

Maggie805
Beginner

oh, I see... that's a lot to carry out, i'll consider doing these steps.

thank you so much for the help!

0 Kudos