Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

I have installed linux mint on my new laptop, provider novatech will not support me, can i set up intel optane and intel rapid storage tech (which would be available if OS was Windows?

afros2
Novice

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Andy,

I think I’m not following you. The drivers for the Intel® Optane™ Memory are only available for Windows* OS as you can see here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28400/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver-for-Intel-7th-8th-Generation-Platforms

Are those the same packages you are referring to?

If I understood you correctly, you want to setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory in a Linux system, right? If so, then it’s not possible as the module is only compatible with Windows* OS, and therefore there is no a step-by-step guide for this purpose.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi afros2,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

The Intel® Optane™ Memory is only compatible with Windows* OS, so you won’t be able to set it up under your new Linux OS.

I hope this information clarifies your concern.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
afros2
Novice
Hi Diego I have looked into Intel site and driver packages are shown under heading of Independent OS,s and there is one for Linux. My question was not really whether it was possible but more the HOW as in step by step process of actually doing the install and whether I would have to start by formatting the drive before install. Andy
0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Andy,

I think I’m not following you. The drivers for the Intel® Optane™ Memory are only available for Windows* OS as you can see here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28400/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver-for-Intel-7th-8th-Generation-Platforms

Are those the same packages you are referring to?

If I understood you correctly, you want to setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory in a Linux system, right? If so, then it’s not possible as the module is only compatible with Windows* OS, and therefore there is no a step-by-step guide for this purpose.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
afros2
Novice
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Andy,

You're welcome.

If you ever have another issue or concern about the module, feel free to post a new thread. We'll try to help you in any way we can.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos