Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

I'm getting the standard memory pinning error. An attempt to 'repair' or 'change' the program indicates the specified module could not be found.

CPier9
Beginner

When I attempt to 'uninstall' the program, the resulting message indicates the installation source for this product is not available Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, CPier9.

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

Are you uninstalling it from the apps section?

You may try the steps found in the following article:

I would also like to know if you have an Intel® Optane™ Memory installed in your system.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, CPier9.

I wanted to follow up on your ticket to check if you still need further assistance.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
CPier9
Beginner
I did attempt the steps you suggested. The second part worked fine.  However, here's what happens when I go to my control panel and try to uninstall, repair, or change the Intel Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions version 17.5.0.1017: I'm not sure what to try next. Thank you for following up. Carolyn
0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, CPier9.

Thank you for the response.

I can't see the screenshot you shared, only a blank space, maybe something happened during the upload, would you mind trying one more time?

Additionally, would you mind providing the full system report using the Intel SSU? This is in order for us to check the hardware you are working with.

- Download: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

- Please generate a complete report, save it as a file and attach it using the paper-clip button.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
CPier9
Beginner
Attached is the SSU report you requested and 2 pictures of the results of my attempts to Change/Repair and to  Uninstall the Optane Extension. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, CPier9.

Good day,

Thank you for the response.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to the attachments, are you replying in the community directly or replying to the e-mail notification?

I will contact you privately just in case.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

The community user CPier9 has confirmed privately that the issue was fixed by Dell after contacting them directly.

I will proceed to close the thread.

Bruce C.

0 Kudos