Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory High CPU load

Razorslash43
Beginner

Hello

For the last couple of days I have noticed that the Intel(R) Optane(TM) Memory Service is taking up a lot of CPU with both battery or AC modes. This behavior is new as of a month ago, the Memory service would only peak once in a while for the drive optimization.

CPU, when idling, was around 7% and now that Optane is always putting CPU load, CPU would not come down from 15%-20%. All this is causing a significant battery impact. It was purchase on 9/1/20 so I don't understand what could have happened already?

I have:

HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-ed0xxx

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz 1.50 GHz

12GB

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Razorslash43.

Thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

I received your thread regarding the high Optane Memory service usage, I will be glad to assist you.

The issue could be related to a driver update that occurred automatically, causing a "mismatch" between the application version and driver version, you can check the following article as a reference:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031845/memory-and-storage.html

Please let me know if you can provide us with the exact Intel RST version and application version installed, along with a full system report using Intel SSU.

1. To obtain the application and Intel RST versions: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031599/memory-and-storage.html

2. To obtain a full system report:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-) and save the application to your system.
  2. Open the application and click Scan to see the system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.
  3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

I will follow up on December 10th, or you can let me know a different date for the follow-up if necessary.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Razorslash43.

I wanted to follow up on your thread to check if I can be of assistance.

If you have any questions regarding my previous message or if I can help you with anything else, please let me know, I will follow up on December 15th or we may schedule a different date if additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Razorslash43.

This message is to follow up on your thread to check if I can be of assistance.

I previously mentioned that this could be related to a driver mismatch and tried to gather additional details like driver version and full system report.

The thread will be closed right now as there has been no confirmation, if further assistance is required, please open a  new one as this one will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos