Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory application ran into a problem

MRofi
Beginner

When I open my intel optane aplication, I get error mesage "The Intel Optane Memory application ran into a problem". And when I click error pop-up (Intel Optane Memory : An error occured) at the right bottom of the screen just restart the problem before.

Please tell me how to solve it. thanks for your answer.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Gragan,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand that you are having issues with the Intel® Optane™ Application, however I can see from the report attached that the Intel® Optane™ Module is working fine. On the other hand, if I'm not mistaken, you are using a laptop, right? Could you please let me know which laptop model is and for how long you have been using the module in your system without any error?

Please let me know as well if you started having the error message after doing any change in the system. Maybe a new partition in the drive, a Windows* update or anything else that you consider could have affected the system in any way.

As a suggestion, could you please try to install the RST application instead and check if you get the same error? If so please let me know which error code is reported by the application (and take a screenshot too).

You can download the Intel® RST Application from the following site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27984/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=99745 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27984/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=99745. You have to uninstall first the Intel® Optane™ Application or you will get an error message when attempting to install the other application.

Additionally, and before uninstalling the Intel® Optane™ Application, please check if you have the log files located at C:\Users\[your user name]\Intel\Logs. If so, please include them in your response so that I can take a look at them.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
MRofi
Beginner

Yes, I use a laptop as I attach it, and I have used this laptop for one week without problems.

I do not know for sure the cause of this problem, the last time I did Windows Update, but I did not realize whether the update was causing this problem.

I also can't uninstall teh application because Intel Optane is still enabled, while for disabling I have to open the application first.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Gragan,

Thank you for the information.

From the OptaneMemoryUI.log file I found that the error code you are getting is 0xA0080014. After investigating about this error code, I found an internal case about this same error code and the issue was resolved by uninstalling and installing again the Intel® Optane™ Application.

As you already have the module enabled and concatenated with the drive, you have to deconcatenate it from BIOS first. As you are using a laptop, I don't really know where the option to deconcatenate the module is located, however this option is usually located under the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology option which is usually available under a tab named as Peripherals.

Please go to your BIOS and search for this option to deconcatenate the module. Then restart the system and install again the application. The Intel® Optane™ Memory should be disabled after restarting the system but you can enable it again once the application is re-installed.

As you are using a laptop, I strongly recommend you to contact the manufacturer to receive assistance for the BIOS navigation. It's usual that with laptops, there are special settings set by the manufacturer that you don't find in a Desktop computer, so before doing something that you are not sure about, please contact your laptop's manufacturer. Please make sure to back up any data before doing this process.

Additionally, you may want to contact the manufacturer anyways as you have been using the laptop just for a week, and the Intel® Optane™ Memory is supposed to be already enabled and ready for use based on the information I found here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/model/NX.H1SSG.001 https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/model/NX.H1SSG.001

If your laptop is new, it would be better to contact them before doing any changes in the system.

Another option that you can try is to restore the OS to the state before the last update you did in the system. This is just to know if the issue was not caused by an OS update.

I hope you find this information useful.

Please let me know if you have any doubts about this. I'll be more than glad to help you in any way I can.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
MRofi
Beginner

I have tried asking for help from the manufacturer, and I haven't found a solution to this problem. maybe I really have to restore the OS to the state before the last update.

thanks for the advice you have given.

0 Kudos
MRofi
Beginner

finally I have managed to disable intel optane by using the task manager to stop the activity. I have reinstalled the intel optane application.

now the intel optane application can work again. I'm glad and thank you for all the advice and information you have provided.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Gragan,

It's great that you solved the issue.

Thank you for sharing the way you disabled the module.

If you ever have another issue, please don't hesitate to open a new thread. We'll try to help you in any way we can.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
RD_
Beginner

Hello Gragan,

I've got the same issue with the Optane Memory application!

Would you be so kind and tell me how and which optane-process did you stop via taskmanager?

Did you stop the "Intel(R) Optane(TM) Memory Service" or/and

"Intel(R) Optane Memory Watcher Service"

directly in the task manager or via Services?

Thanx and best Regards

R.D.

0 Kudos
MRofi
Beginner

I stopped the Intel (R) Optane (TM) Memory Service process, then I was able to open the Intel Optane application and disable it.

0 Kudos
RD_
Beginner

SUCCESS!!! :-)

Your solution works fine!

Thank you very much for it and fot your very fast response!

Best regards

Ralf

0 Kudos