After several trials i still haven't managed to activate optane memory The operating system recognizes it, the drivers are up to date, but I can't find how to activate it in Windows 10 - 64 bits.
I have used all available intel apps
My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 330 S
1. In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.
2. Is the Optane Memory new, you just installed it or it was already enabled before?
The Optane memory was already enabled before.
It was necessary to install Windows for first time after buying the laptop.
I downloaded the O.S. from Lenovo page with the serial number
Attached Review system information
1. Please verify in BIOS that the SATA mode is set to "Intel RST Premium with Intel Optane System" rather than AHCI. If it is not, please do not change it, since your Windows will by corrupted. In order to change SATA mode, without corrupting Windows, you nee set AFE boot mode in Windows first.
2. In the search box write "command" and then open Command Prompt (Administrative).
3. From the command prompt, type diskpart and press Enter. The diskpart prompt will open.
4. Type list disk and press Enter. A list of disks will appear in a text format. You will return to the diskpart prompt.
4. Write to select a disk disk number (for instance, if the Optane Memory 16GB drive is Disk 1, you would type select disk 1) and press Enter. Warning: Diskpart Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the Optane drive.
5. From the diskpart prompt, type clean and press Enter. The Optane Memory is now erased and the old enablement is not active any more.
6. Close out of the Command Prompt.
7. Open Disk Manger and shrink the allocated space on your HDD, to create 5 - 15 MB of unallocated space in the end of your HDD.
8. Open Apps & Features (Windows Settings) and uninstall the currently installed Optane Application (if any).
10. Download Intel RST Driver and unzip it on your drive. Right click on iaStorAC.inf and select install from drop down menu. Reboot your computer.
11. Download from Microsoft Store and install the Intel Optane Memory and Management.
12. Now enable Optane Acceleration. Follow Intel Optane Memory Installation Guide, Section 3.
Sorry for the late answer. I wasn't near my computer. You are right, the SATA mode in BIOS may be different and I don't have your laptop to check it. On the image attached to your post I can see that your HDD and Optane memory are recognized in BIOS, rather than the SATA mode. I new that the HDD and Optane are recognized in BIOS, since I saw in the SSU report that both are recognized in Windows.
In your BIOS, Configuration > Storage, I can see that the SATA mode (Controller mode) is set to "RST mode" (rather than "Intel RST Premium with Intel Optane System" ). Look to me that your BIOS is set correctly for Optane enablement. In my opinion, you may continue according to my procedure from para. 2.
It hasn't worked either
I did all the steps:
- Clean the optane partition with diskpart
- Create 13,4 GB of unallocated space in the end of the HDD (GPT format).
- Uninstall optane apps
- Install RST downloaded from Lenovo
- Install intel Optane Memory and Management downloaded from Microsoft
The applitacion message is the same "No compatible driver found"
From the attached image Its looks that the System Drive has correct GPT partition. However in the end of this drive I can see WINRE_DRV partiton, which is probably the OEM (Lenovo) partition. In the end of this drive you should create 5-15 MB of unallocated space as described in para.7 of my procedure. You can do this by shrinking this OEM partition a bit (this partition has a size of 1000 MB, but occupies only 485MB, so you can shrink it by 5 MB).
In my procedure, para. 2 - 6, I described how to clean Optane Memory, you didn't do this. I can see 16 MB occupied by some data. You need to clean the Optane Memory to have one continuous unallocated space. Be careful to chose the right disk number (after command List Disk) In your computer appears that the Optane Module is disk 2. So, the command could be select disk 2
See the attached image how the partition should look before enabling Optane. This image is from my computer, that has no OEM partition (I have Recovery Partition instead).
I did all the procedure, step by step.
See the attached partdisk image, it shows only two partion, then i clean the disk 1.
¿why it dont show all the partitions? ,i dont know; but i understean there are an error
I will solve it and then i do the procedure
Comparing the partition of the disks yours and mine, mine is correct ?
Why is the memory not enabled on my computer after the procedure?
No "clear metadata" option in the Intel application
I add imagen about the information
In this link https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Optane-Memory/Memoria-Optane-no-puede-ser-utilizada-tras-instalar-Windows/td-p/632766, You propose a clean Windows installation, it can be the solution?
1.Please open Command Prompt (Administrative).
2. From the command prompt, type diskpart and press Enter. The diskpart prompt will open.
3. Type list disk and press Enter. A list of disks will appear in a text format. You will return to the diskpart prompt.
4. Type select disk 1 and press Enter. (I'm assuming that disk 1 is your Optane module 13 GB).
5. Type list part and click enter.
6. Attach image of the Command Prompt windows.
This weekend I did a clean install of windows and downlodad from this link
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/es/download/28992/Interface-y-user-controller-de-Tecnolog-a-de-almacenamiento-Intel-Rapid-Intel-RST-?product=99745, the following applications (i want to try with other option)
I did the procedure you indicated
- Clean the optane partition
- SetupRST (it installed successful)
- SetupOptaneMemory (it not installed), i could not to enable de memory
Look at the attached picture, i have any questions.
And thank you very much LeonWaksman for all the assistance provided.
Knowing that you have tried several troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, another option right now could be to contact the system manufacturer or OEM for further assistance (in this case Lenovo) as they may be able to provide you with the steps you would need to take to enable Optane Memory in this specific system, for example the exact BIOS configuration, driver version or other necessary steps.
I would also like to offer you the option to get assistance via one of our "live support" methods (phone or chat) available in the following link: https://www.intel.la/content/www/xl/es/support/contact-support.html#@16
Intel Customer Support Technician
A contingent Worker at Intel
I wanted to follow up on your ticket to check if we can be of assistance.
Please let us know if you were able to contact the system manufacturer for further instructions or if you tried anything else before we close the thread.
Intel Customer Support Technician
A contingent Worker at Intel