Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Intel Optane not detected

Abbo55
Beginner

Hi, i changed motherboard and HDD (both with the same model) of my Asus vivobook s15 and my optane memory is not more detected in bios and in device manager. Can someone help me? Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Yogaeasvaran
Employee

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

I understand that you are experiencing a device recognition issue.

As you mention, not disabling the memory before disconnecting the device from the motherboard may be the cause of the issue.

Regarding your question, the only two alternatives to disable the memory are through the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology application or the system BIOS (for more details, please check this video: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024626/memory-and-storage.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024626/memory-and-storage.html).

Below is the link for your guide:

Resolve Detection Issues with Intel® Optane™ Memory

Regards,

Ryo

0 Kudos
Yogaeasvaran
Employee

Greetings,

We are following up to find out if you were able to complete the actions, we previously recommended.

Please reply to this thread to confirm, so we can continue helping with a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply!

Regards,

Ryo

0 Kudos
Abbo55
Beginner
Thanks for the answer i followed these guides but nothing has changed, the Optane memory continues to not be detected in PC and in bios.
0 Kudos
Yogaeasvaran
Employee

Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback.

If the module is indeed not recognized by BIOS, then there is nothing much we can do. When an issue happens after disabling the module from the application, the way to recover the module is to reset it from BIOS. 

The option to do this may vary from system to system, but it’s usually located under the Peripherals tab or under the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology option.

If the module doesn’t appear there, then my recommendation would be to check for warranty with your place of purchase.

Regards,

Ryo

0 Kudos
Abbo55
Beginner
I had this problem when i reinstalled Windows 10, optane not detected in bios and only SATA mode is AHCI. Is it possibile that there miss nmve drivers?
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Abbo55   A reinstall of W10 would not have reset the sata mode.   Describe EXACTLY what your config was BEFORE the reinstall.

Also, so the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Abbo55,

We are following up to find out if you were able to complete the actions, we previously recommended.

We would also like to recommend checking on how to Troubleshoot Detection Issues with the Intel® Optane™ Memory H Series

Kindly contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) to check further on this issue as they might have a different solution or configurations as any Intel OEM product might have alterations depending on the OEM.

Kindly let us know if you have any questions. Else if none, please confirm the thread closure.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Abbo55,

We would also like to recommend checking on how to Troubleshoot Detection Issues with the Intel® Optane™ Memory H Series

Kindly contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) to check further on this issue as they might have a different solution or configurations as any Intel OEM product might have alterations depending on the OEM.

Kindly let us know if you have any questions. Else if none, please confirm the thread closure.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Abbo55,

Since there are no further response from your end, we will proceed to close the thread.

Kindly open a new thread if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos