Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Intel Optane with 832A chipset

APal3
Beginner

Hi,

I have a laptop(hp-bs145tu) with i5-8250u processor and the 832A chipset

I also have an UEFI BIOS

There is an M.2 Slot on the motherboard, is it possible i can accelerate my 1TB 2.5" HDD with an intel optane Memory?

Also please suggest the size of the optane memory that would be adequate for acceleration?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have absolutely no idea where you came up with the 832A chipset id; there is simply no such chipset. Your laptop has a Core i5-8250U processor. This processor is an Embedded SOC (System-On-A-Chip). It has an integrated 100 Series Platform Controller Hub (PCH); there is no separate chipset (per se).

Whether or not your laptop can support the use of an Optane module is dependent upon whether or not the manufacturer included support for Optane in its board and BIOS implementations. You need to contact HP to get this answer...

...S

View solution in original post

1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have absolutely no idea where you came up with the 832A chipset id; there is simply no such chipset. Your laptop has a Core i5-8250U processor. This processor is an Embedded SOC (System-On-A-Chip). It has an integrated 100 Series Platform Controller Hub (PCH); there is no separate chipset (per se).

Whether or not your laptop can support the use of an Optane module is dependent upon whether or not the manufacturer included support for Optane in its board and BIOS implementations. You need to contact HP to get this answer...

...S