AFAIK, Optane module is properly installed on the MOBO.
I've tried to set it up using SetupOptaneMemory.exe, until the last tsep where I'm unable to activate Optane, as figured below :
As you can see, no drives appear neither in optane nor in drive to be speeded up.
I've checked both drive where both GPT, and the are.
Logs are included.
What to do know ????
Thanks for posting in our communities. We understand that you are experiencing problems enabling Intel® Optane™ Memory acceleration on your system.
From the logs provided, we noticed you used to have https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27681/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=99743 Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) installed. This tool is also capable of enabling Intel Optane Memory acceleration. Did you try enabling it with this tool? If so, did you receive the same error?
We also like to check your system specifications. To do so, please provide us with Intel® System Support Utility report:
1. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 Download the latest Intel® SSU.
2. Select to include "everything."
3. Name and save the report.
Hi Eugenio !
Thank you for your feedback.
I had Intel RST installed in my system before Optane setup.
I had to remove RST to be able to complete Optane software install.
I will uninstall Optane software and give RST another try.
Please find included SSU report.
Thanks for your reply.
Based on the Intel SSU report provided, we have the following recommendations:
- Update your system BIOS. You're currently using BIOS 0809, you can download the latest version (1206 as of today) from your https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-K/HelpDesk_BIOS/ motherboard manufacturer website.
- Remove partitions from your Intel Optane memory module. The drive is currently formatted, but this is not required for system acceleration and is preferred to leave the memory as "unallocated". We recommend using Diskpart* to remove the partitions, but you may also use Disk Management as well.
To run DiskPart:
- Type DiskPart on the CMD or invoke the tool with the Run window. A User Account Control message pops up.
- Provide admin rights to the tool and accept the message to run the tool
- Run the following commands:
- List disk: Displays the list of attached disks and USB flash drives
- Sel disk: Selects the scope to work in (Optane Memory)
- Clean all: Removes partition and volume information from the selected device
The idea behind Intel Optane system acceleration is to put HDD or slower SSDs up to speed with current generation SSDs.
Intel Optane works with your most used files, you you'll notice this the most in general operation system tasks or frequently used applications.