Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel optane memory M10 16 Gb not detected

Suman1
Beginner

I use intel Optane memory  very long time....

but 1 day hanged my setup after restart dont  show my optane memory.

Also not show any 16 gb optane drive on disk management.

Plz help me to fix.

Also this is warranty.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

See the attached images in my post above. You need only one S/N. Use the one on Optane module.

Leon

View solution in original post

17 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Suman1 

1. What did you changed in setup causing Optane Memory to disappear? 

2. I understand that your computer is bootable but you can't enable Optane?

3. What is the current SATA Mode in BIOS?

4. In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

Suman1
Beginner

1. I not change any thing.

2. Yes i cant

3. Current sata mode in bios uefi

4. Plz check attachment

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. If you didn't changed the SATA mode in BIOS, it should be "is "Intel RST Premium with Intel Optane System" (UEFI is BIOS mode, rather than SATA mode).

2. I don't see any Optane Memory module installed in your system. So, if you are sure that you have 16GB Optane installed, it probably failed or is not inserted correctly in the slot. So, try remove it and reset again.

3. However, I wonder how your system is now bootable without disabling Optane first?

Leon

Suman1
Beginner

I remove & insert it.....but it no show....Wait i sent some pic of my bios

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

You didn't answered my question #3. Was Optane disabled by you? Did you reinstalled Windows to make it bootable?

Leon

Suman1
Beginner

Yes i reinstalled windows to make it bootable....

Plz view all attachments.

Here aslo my bios settings & optane memory details....Plz check

0 Kudos
Suman1
Beginner

Why not showing my optane memory

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

OK. Now you talking. You have reinstalled the Windows while the SATA mode is set to Intel RST Premium with Intel Optane and without disabling Optane first. So, now you have installed Windows in Optane mode (instead of AHCI) and your Optane is polluted with the previous enablement.

So, start with wiping (clearing) the Optane memory:

1. Open Windows PowerShell (Admin).
  2. Type diskpart and press Enter. The diskpart prompt will open.
  3. From the diskpart prompt, type list disk and press Enter. A list of disks will appear in a text format. You will return to the diskpart prompt.
  4.  From the diskpart prompt you will need to select a disk disk number (for instance, if the Optane Memory 16GB + drive is Disk 1, you would type select disk 1) and press EnterDiskpart Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk. 
  5.  From the diskpart prompt, type clean and press Enter. The Optane Memory is now erased and the old enablement is not active any more.
  6. Close out of the Windows PowerShell

Next follow the Z370m-d3h User Manual, page 41, to enable Optane. Read the all precautions and ensure that the your system drive is formatted to GPT (rather than MBR).  

Before starting all the above process ensure that the relevant PCie device settings are according to para.2 on page 41 in the manual.

Leon

Suman1
Beginner

4. I am only see  my ssd don't see optane disk

if i select my c drive Disk 0 my operating system loss i need to install again.

why i not see optane disk????

Because 1st when i configure optane memory this time i see an 14 gb drive of optane on my computer.

So what you think optane memory is damaged?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Did you read the User Manual and did you set BIOS accordingly (following is quote from the User Manual):

"A-2: Installation in Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration mode
If the SATA controller has been configured in Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane SystemAcceleration mode,
please follow the steps below:
1. After system restarts, go to the BIOS Setup, make sure CSM Support under the BIOS menu is disabled.
2. Go to Peripherals\SATA And RST Configuration and make sure Use RST Legacy OROM is disabled. If
you want to enable the Optane™ memory installed in the M2Q_32G connector, set PCIe Storage Dev on
Port 21 to RST Controlled; to enable the Optane™ memory installed in the M2A_32G connector, set PCIe
Storage Dev on Port 9 to RST Controlled.
3. Enter the operating system, launch the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology utility from the Start menu, and then
enable Intel® Optane™ Memory on the Intel® Optane™ Memory screen.
4. If you install more than one Optane™ memory, please select which one you are going to use.
5. Follow the on-screen instruction to continue the installation and then restart the system when completed"

If the settings are correct, try to use the second M.2 slot on your board. Could be also that the Optane failed. Can you check it in other PC (only if it is recognized in BIOS)?

Leon

Prabowo
Beginner
I have same problem with Suman. Do you know how to do the 1st and 2nd step in the Acer bios?
0 Kudos
Suman1
Beginner

Ok put it on second m.2 port & see....

I dont have any  other setup with m.2 slot

0 Kudos
Suman1
Beginner

Try this all....Also update bios to latest....But optane memory is not worked.....Tell me what  to do.....Where i got replacement.....Because its in warranty.

Warranty check by serial number.

Plz fix my problem

Thanks

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Your Optane memory is covered by warranty until March 18, 2023. You may Check your warranty coverage after selecting the product and filling the S/N box. Then click on "Check products". On the next page click on "Request  support..." and follow the instructions.

Leon

Suman1
Beginner
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

See the attached images in my post above. You need only one S/N. Use the one on Optane module.

Leon

Suman1
Beginner
Many many thanks for your support....
0 Kudos