Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

My pc can't detect my Optane Memory.

PBaai
Beginner

So I got my new Intel Optane Memory delivered yesterday. I installed it in my M2A-32G slot but my BIOS or windows can't detect it (file 1).

I've installed the Intel optane memory application and there it says "No compatible disks for intel optane memory" (file 2).

I got CSM disabled in BIOS, I got "Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane Memory Acceleration" enabled in BIOS.

Further there are no options like "PCIe Storage Dev On Port 9". Device Manager doesn't show anything either except for the storage controller.

I don't know what to do further, I reinstalled windows OS too. WIth no luck.

My specs are:

Motherboard = z370 ultra gaming 2.0

CPU = I7-8700K

HDD = Seagate Barracuda 2TB

SSD = Samsung 850 evo 500gb

GPU = gtx 960

RAM = Team force Nighthawk RGB 3000mhz

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PBaai
Beginner

additional information...

I tried plugging the Intel Optane memory in the M2Q-32G slot and got the same results.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi darkcount,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

According to your description, I'd say that the module is damaged, so the best recommendation would be to contact the place of purchase for warranty resolution.

However, before doing that, you can confirm if the module is indeed recognized or not by the system by checking the Peripherals tab in your BIOS. You will find there a list of the current drives connected in the system, including the Intel® Optane™ Memory. The list of drives may be under the option Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology that is under the Peripherals tab.

I recommend you to disconnect the secondary drive from the system to be sure that this SATA drive is not causing any conflict between the ports where this drive and the module are connected to. It's usual that a couple of SATA ports in the motherboard share bandwidth with the M.2 slots, so chances are that you have your SATA drive connected in one of these ports.

If possible, please take a screenshot of this information so that I can take a look at it too. You can take screenshots of the BIOS by pressing F12 or the Print Screen button. You will require a USB Flash memory connected because the images are saved there automatically. Please refer to this site for additional details about this: http://www.unboxingtreatment.com/2018/04/howto-take-screenshot-motherboard-bios.html

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
PBaai
Beginner

Hey Diego V.

Glad you responded this quick ,

I made a picture of the bios, and doesn't show a 3rd drive. I switched my HDD to 2 different SATA ports but got the same results.

I guess I will look for a warranty resolution with the place I purchased it from.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi darkcount,

That would be the best way to proceed as your module is not visible in BIOS.

Sometime ago, another user had the same issue, but we didn't realize the module was damaged, so we tried to enable it in all possible ways with no success. Then we confirmed that the module was not visible at all in BIOS just as you have confirmed, so the user got a replacement and everything was correctly configured afterwards. See the following thread for reference:

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos