Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

No Compatible Disks for Intel Optane

TTunc
Beginner

I recently purchased Intel 16gb Optane Memory. After I installed the memory I had to remove my old Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver because it wouldn't let me install the new optane driver.

After I uninstalled the Rapid Storage Driver, I could not log in to my pc because the windows kept saying that I was entering a wrong password while trying to log in. Even though I'm %100 sure that I was. Also there was no internet connection even though the ethernet cable was connected. So I uninstalled the windows and formatted the drives and reinstalled windows 10. (But before I formatted the drives I could see the Optane Memory in BIOS in the BOOT tab. Now I can't see the Intel Optane in the BOOT section. However in Uefi, in the Advanced/Intel Rapid Storage tab I can see my Intel MEMPEK1W016GA. It's status is offline and controller type seems to be correct (NVMe)

So when I open the Intel Optane Memory program it says that your system is not ready for Intel Optane Memory and it also says there are no compatible disks for Intel Optane Memory. But, in the Intel SSD toolbox as you can see in the screenshot it does seem to recognize the Optane Memory.

What am I missing here?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosafathB_Intel
Hello TTunc, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. In order to better understand your current configuration, please review and provide us with the following information: • A screenshot of the Disk manager showing all the storage devices. To access the disk manager you can choose from the following 2 ways: # 1: Open it from the Quick Access Menu. o Right-click the bottom-left corner (or Start button) on the desktop to open Quick Access Menu, and then choose Disk Management. # 2: Access Disk Management via Run. o Use Windows+R to open Run, type “diskmgmt.msc” in the empty box and tap OK. • We advise you to run the option as shown on your first screenshot in order to “Reset to non-Optane” and to try again to accelerate your system and let us know the results. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello TTunc, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. In order to better understand your current configuration, please review and provide us with the following information: • A screenshot of the Disk manager showing all the storage devices. To access the disk manager you can choose from the following 2 ways: # 1: Open it from the Quick Access Menu. o Right-click the bottom-left corner (or Start button) on the desktop to open Quick Access Menu, and then choose Disk Management. # 2: Access Disk Management via Run. o Use Windows+R to open Run, type “diskmgmt.msc” in the empty box and tap OK. • We advise you to run the option as shown on your first screenshot in order to “Reset to non-Optane” and to try again to accelerate your system and let us know the results. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TTunc
Beginner
Dear Josh Resetting it to non Optane worked perfectly thanks. Best regards Tunc 25 Haz 2019 Sal 00:24 tarihinde Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com> şunu yazdı:
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello TTunc, Thank you for your reply. We are glad to hear that you found the information that we shared useful. We will proceed to close this case. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos