Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

No Intel Optane Memory Modules Detected

Caxio
Beginner

Hello,

So I have Intel Optane memory preinstalled on MSI GF-63 8RD. I had a problem booting into windows earlier today, I got stuck at the Checking media presence... No media present screen, then I got redirected to bios. Anw, I was able to boot into safe mode and somehow resolve it so that I can start windows normally. After a normal boot, I deleted the RST driver and reinstalled it, restarted my pc, but I got this when I opened the RST app. How do I resolve this?

(the other pics show the first issue when windows couldn't boot)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Caxio,

Thank you for your reply.

The issue that you are reporting could be related to your hardware/ BIOS configuration, and we advise you to open a ticket with MSI* to get further assistance regarding your current configuration.

If you can access your OS we will appreciate it if you can provide us with the logs and the screenshot requested in our previous post.

We will be looking forward to your reply including this information.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Caxio,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information:

• Your system configuration including manufacturer, model and part number of all your system components and a copy of the SSU logs in the system that the Optane is connected.

1-     Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software.

2-     When finished downloading it, open it.

3-     Attach the file obtained to your reply.

• Please let us know the version of the RST software that you have installed in your system.

• We will appreciate if you can access to your BIOS and to check the current settings since based on your screenshots the system seems to be setup in AHCI instead of the Intel RST premium and once you are in the BIOS as shown in the second picture you shared (BF9AED77-A5C1-4735-9295-3B6AD9F345DC) please run the “Reset to non-Optane process” and let us know the results.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
Caxio
Beginner

Thank you for your assistance, Josh. I reset it and it's working properly now. I downloaded RST v16.8.2.1002 via Intel Driver & Support Assistant yesterday (I had v16.7.1.1012 when I saw on your support website that there might be some issues with those versions). Anw, this is the second time it happens this week. What might be causing this issue? Is it the driver (v16.7.1.1012) I had before?

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Caxio,

Thank you for your patience.

We are glad to hear that your Optane memory is working one more time.

The issue you are reporting could be related to your current configuration (BIOS or OS) to try to identify a possible reason for this behavior we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information:

• Your system configuration including manufacturer, model and part number of all your system components and a copy of the SSU logs in the system that the Optane is connected.

1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software.

2- When finished downloading it, open it.

3- Attach the file obtained to your reply post.

• A screenshot of the “Disk Management” showing all the storage devices. To access the disk manager you can choose from the following two ways:

# 1: Open it from the Quick Access Menu.

o Right-click the bottom-left corner (or Start button) on the desktop to open Quick Access Menu, and then choose Disk Management.

# 2: Access Disk Management via Run.

o Use Windows+R to open Run, type “diskmgmt.msc” in the empty box and tap OK.

• We strongly advise you to open a ticket in parallel with MSI* to get further assistance regarding your BIOS configuration.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Caxio
Beginner

SO I ran into the same problem again after I shut the pc down. So it’s happening everytime I shutdown. Could it be a hardware failure?

0 Kudos
Caxio
Beginner

I can't access windows. I reset the disk to non-optane as I did before, it still wouldn't boot to windows.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Check/replace your BATTERY.

Doc

0 Kudos
Caxio
Beginner

The battery is in great conditions, and the pc was plugged in when I shut it down. The bios shows the optane memory sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, but it always shows the RST driver version.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Caxio,

Thank you for your reply.

The issue that you are reporting could be related to your hardware/ BIOS configuration, and we advise you to open a ticket with MSI* to get further assistance regarding your current configuration.

If you can access your OS we will appreciate it if you can provide us with the logs and the screenshot requested in our previous post.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Caxio,

We have not heard from you since your last post 3 days ago, please, let us know if you need further assistance related to your Intel® Optane™ Memory Series or if we can close this community thread.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Caxio,

We were reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory or if we can close this community thread.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos