Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

No compatible disks for Intel Optane memory

FKana1
Beginner

I had this optane 32 for quite some time and it was working before, no changes was made to the hardware, just a fresh win10 install and now i have this error

I tried to follow some solutions online such as turn off bios legacy compatibility also updated my bios from 1009 to 1301 ROG

I can see the board on the memory and storage tool but i can't get it to activate... a little help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @FKana1​ 

I just tested this by accelerating an existing Windows 10 and reinstalling the OS in my Z270 bench:

Optane not seen 03.jpg

The Optane module is not visible in Diskpart or Disk Management, but what LWAKSMAN mentioned is correct, your Optane memory is "polluted" with old data (or metadata) from your previous OS installation and you have to erase/clear it in order for you to use it again.

Just after taking that screenshot, I went to the Microsoft App store to download and install the new Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management:

1. Just open it after you install it (restart if it asks you to, but it didn't ask me in my case).
  2. Select the Optane module.
  3. Click on "Clear Metadata".
  4. This should give you the option to clear the unit and you should be good to go, the same tool can be used to enable acceleration.

Memory and storage tool.jpg

As a note: there is a third option to do this from UEFI/BIOS, let me know if this does not work.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. If you didn't disable Optane before installing Windows, your Optane memory is still "polluted" with the old activation. Try to wipe your Optane memory, to delete the old enablement:
  2. Open Administrator Command prompt
  3. Run Diskpart
  4. List disk
  5. sel disk n (where n is the number of Optane Drive 32GB)
  6. clean all (wait to finishing the cleaning process and exit to Windows).
  7. Now, try to enable Optane again.

Leon

0 Kudos
FKana1
Beginner

I tried but the board doesn't show on the list

0 Kudos
FKana1
Beginner

I was having that blue screen issue with my old windows that starts to loop the auto repair and at that time i had the board on the diskpart list but now the only place i can actually see it is inside the Memory and Storage Tool

https://i.gyazo.com/939deab80db4525f886cd3778384f0cc.png

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @FKana1​ 

I just tested this by accelerating an existing Windows 10 and reinstalling the OS in my Z270 bench:

Optane not seen 03.jpg

The Optane module is not visible in Diskpart or Disk Management, but what LWAKSMAN mentioned is correct, your Optane memory is "polluted" with old data (or metadata) from your previous OS installation and you have to erase/clear it in order for you to use it again.

Just after taking that screenshot, I went to the Microsoft App store to download and install the new Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management:

1. Just open it after you install it (restart if it asks you to, but it didn't ask me in my case).
  2. Select the Optane module.
  3. Click on "Clear Metadata".
  4. This should give you the option to clear the unit and you should be good to go, the same tool can be used to enable acceleration.

Memory and storage tool.jpg

As a note: there is a third option to do this from UEFI/BIOS, let me know if this does not work.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
FKana1
Beginner

OMG you two are angels ty so much ♥

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, FKana1.

I'm glad we can be of assistance.

I will proceed to close the thread right now.

If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos