Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

No compatible disks for intel optane memory

Him
Beginner

i recently build this new computer and such but i had an issue with windows 10. So i had to disconnect my hard drive (before this optane had been working properly). When i reconnected it i had received the what is written above, and i was wondering if resetting optane would work and how to do it

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Him,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

If you disconnected the drive (and re-installed the OS) without disabling the module from the application first, then it is most likely that you get that message. The module may still have the data from the previous system setup, and that’s preventing you from configuring it again.

As you mentioned, you can reset the module. This process is done from BIOS. You would have to navigate in the BIOS menu and search for the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology option. You should see your drives and the Intel® Optane™ Memory listed there. You can reset the module there is the BIOS has the option included (the option is usually named as "Reset-to-non-Optane"). I cannot give you more details on the specific location of this option because this depends on the BIOS itself which vary from system to system.

You can also try to clean the module’s data from Windows* following these steps:

1. Open the Command Prompt as Administrator.
  2. Run the command diskpart.
  3. Run the command list disk to display all your drives in the system, including the Intel® Optane™ Memory. Take note of the ID number associated to the module.
  4. Run the command select disk <ID>. Use the ID for the Intel® Optane™ Memory.
  5. Run the command clean all to start the cleaning process. Make sure you selected the Intel® Optane™ Memory because this process will delete all data in the drive.

Once the process is complete, you can try to set it up again.

I hope you find this information useful.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Him,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

If you disconnected the drive (and re-installed the OS) without disabling the module from the application first, then it is most likely that you get that message. The module may still have the data from the previous system setup, and that’s preventing you from configuring it again.

As you mentioned, you can reset the module. This process is done from BIOS. You would have to navigate in the BIOS menu and search for the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology option. You should see your drives and the Intel® Optane™ Memory listed there. You can reset the module there is the BIOS has the option included (the option is usually named as "Reset-to-non-Optane"). I cannot give you more details on the specific location of this option because this depends on the BIOS itself which vary from system to system.

You can also try to clean the module’s data from Windows* following these steps:

1. Open the Command Prompt as Administrator.
  2. Run the command diskpart.
  3. Run the command list disk to display all your drives in the system, including the Intel® Optane™ Memory. Take note of the ID number associated to the module.
  4. Run the command select disk <ID>. Use the ID for the Intel® Optane™ Memory.
  5. Run the command clean all to start the cleaning process. Make sure you selected the Intel® Optane™ Memory because this process will delete all data in the drive.

Once the process is complete, you can try to set it up again.

I hope you find this information useful.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Him,

Just wanted to confirm if the suggestion I shared with you helped you to recover the module.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos