Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

No compatible disks for intel optane memory

BAP
Novice

No compatible disks for intel optane memory

im using laptop Acer E5-476G

specs

Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6Ghz

Nvidia GeForce MX150

12GB RAM

1TB HDD

Optane memory 32GB

im using Windows 10 x64

I just bought this laptop a couple of months ago, and at that time I also tried Intel. I have successfully installed it and I use it for no problem for 2 months.last night I intend to reinstall my windows. and this time I failed to install intel, even though I had used the same method as I had previously tried.My BIOS is UEFI and GPT on my hard drive. and I have changed SATA MODE from AHCI to RST Optane Memory.I've done everything like I did before. but this time I was unsuccessful3.png2.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BAP
Novice

Ok thanks for your attention, Diego.

Finally i found the way to solve that.

First, i try to change back sata mode from RST optane to AHCI. Then i clean up the module from cmd > diskpart > list disk > select disk (choose the number of the optane module) > clean.

After that, i change sata mode to RST OPTANE. and then voila, i solve my problem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BAP
Novice

Intel Optane Logs

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi BAP,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand you cannot setup the module in your laptop after re-installing Windows*. Considering the fact that your laptop included the Intel® Optane™ Memory and that it was working fine before, I highly recommend you to contact the laptop manufacturer to get proper assistance on configuring the module.

Laptop systems are not the same as Desktop computers, they usually include special features at BIOS and OS level that we are not aware of, so before doing any system change, we highly recommend to contact the manufacturer.

Having said this, I can try to give you some general suggestions to check based on your description. First, I would like to know if you disabled the module from the application before re-installing the OS. 

Additionally, is the module recognized in Disk Management? 

I can try to help you with the configuration, but please keep in mind that it’s better to contact Acer* in this case to receive proper assistance for your system.

Please download the Intel® System Support Utility (SSU) from the following site and run it to collect your system information? Please run the full report and attach the text file in your response: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Additionally, please go to Disk Management and take a screenshot of the window. You can open Disk Management by pressing the Windows* key + x, and the selecting the Disk Management option from the menu that will appear.

Finally, please follow these steps to take another screenshot:

1. Open your command prompt as Administrator.
  2. Run the command diskpart.
  3. Run the command list disk. Please take a screenshot of this output and share it in your response too.

I will be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi BAP,

I would like to know if you have any updates about this.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
BAP
Novice

Ok thanks for your attention, Diego.

Finally i found the way to solve that.

First, i try to change back sata mode from RST optane to AHCI. Then i clean up the module from cmd > diskpart > list disk > select disk (choose the number of the optane module) > clean.

After that, i change sata mode to RST OPTANE. and then voila, i solve my problem

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi BAP,

It’s great the module is up and running!

Thank you for the confirmation and also thank you for sharing how you solved it.

If you ever have another issue or concern about the Intel® Optane™ Memory, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread. We’ll try t help you in any way we can.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos