Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Optane Error Code 0xA005004B

Odson
Novice

When I try to enable my optane memory module on a secondary disk drive, I receive the error code 0xA005004B. Both the boot drive and the drive I'm trying to accelerate are in GPT, and I have at least 5mb of unallocated space in the drive I'm trying to accelerate. What steps should I take to resolve the issue?

Attached is the SSU report.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Odson
Novice

Thank you for the reply, Josh!

Apologies for the late response. Fortunately, I was able to solve the issue myself.

I had incorrectly assumed that the 5mb of unallocated space could be present at any place within the drive, as it needed to be specifically at the end of the drive. I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to resize the EFI System Partition, creating 16mb of unallocated space to the right of the EFI partition (at the end of the drive), after which everything is now in working order.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello Odson, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions. • A screenshot of the error “0xA005004B” that you are reporting. • We will like to know if you set up your BIOS by following this guide from your original equipment manufacturer (OEM) http://dlcdnmkt.asus.com/microsite/Optane-Memory-SOP.pdf • We will like to know if before using Intel® Optane memory modules, that you have updated your motherboard drivers and BIOS to the latest version from ASUS* support website. We will be looking forward to your reply including this information. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation Third Party Content: Web Sites and Materials may contain user or third party submitted content; such content is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Intel and is provided solely as a convenience to our customers and users. Under no circumstances will Intel be liable in any way for any third party submitted or provided content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions, or damages of any kind. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. By your use, you agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any third party content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content. All postings and use of the Web Sites or Material are subject to these Terms of Use and any other program and site specific terms.
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello Odson, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello Odson, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Odson
Novice

Thank you for the reply, Josh!

Apologies for the late response. Fortunately, I was able to solve the issue myself.

I had incorrectly assumed that the 5mb of unallocated space could be present at any place within the drive, as it needed to be specifically at the end of the drive. I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to resize the EFI System Partition, creating 16mb of unallocated space to the right of the EFI partition (at the end of the drive), after which everything is now in working order.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello Odson, Thank you for your reply. We are glad to hear that you were able to solve the issue that you reported. We will like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Odson
Novice

No further assistance will be needed, thank you!

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello Odson, Thank you for your reply. As per your consent, this case is now close if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos