Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Optane Memory Not Found

Kn
Beginner

I have a Gigabyte z270xp-sli motherboard with an optane card attached to it. When I open the Optane Memory program, the "select fast intel optane memory drive" and "select a comptabile drive to be accelerated" are both grayed out. When I click enable, it says "the intel optane memory application ran into a problem" and the Intel optane memory application crashes. I believe that my optane memory card is not being recognized and would like some help.

Reading through other solutions on the Intel forum pages, I have performed the following actions in my BIOS:

1) set on Windows 8/10 WQL+

2) disabled CSM

Other misc steps:

1) when i try to run setuprst.exe, i get an error that states "the following application is already installed: intel optane memory. IRST cannot be installed together with above application. Please uninstall the above application before installing IRST"

Please let me know what else can be done.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
Kn
Beginner

I have ordered a new optane card which I will test out tonight but here is what I see in disk management as of now.

0 Kudos
MMaty
Beginner

In the Boot Option # 1 you have the choice of intel disk?

0 Kudos
Kn
Beginner

These are the options I have in boot orders.

0 Kudos
Kn
Beginner

I have a new issue now. I have reinstalled Windows 10 but everytime I try to disable "use RST legacy OROM", the system always boots into the BIOS.

I have attached logs.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi kavs,

Thank you for all the pictures that you shared. I haven't configured the Intel® Optane™ Memory in the motherboard model that you have so I'm using the information from the manufacture's website as a reference and everything seems to be fine. However there is still a step that is confusing me in regards to the port where the module should be connected to.

5. Depending on which connector you used for the Intel® Optane™ Memory you have to change the PCIe Storage Device on Port X as follow: If you want to enable the Optane™ memory installed in the M2P_32G connector, set PCIe Storage Device on Port 9 to RST Controlled; to enable the Optane™ memory installed in the M2Q_32G connector, set PCIe Storage Device on Port 17 to RST Controlled.

According to the information above, the Intel® Optane™ Memory should be connected to the port 9 or 17, but I haven't seen those ports in the pictures. Are you able to see those ports somewhere in the BIOS settings? According to the guide, the Intel® Optane™ Memory has to be connected to either the M2P_32G or the M2Q_32G connector in the motherboard. If the module is not connected there, probably it won't be recognized so that would explain why you are not able to see the module at all in Disk Management.

Regarding to your recent issue with Windows*, could you please provide the log from the Intel® System Support Utility as you did it the last time? Probably the OS was installed with a different setting that is preventing you to disable the Legacy option. You can download the Intel® System Support Utility from this site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

I'll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
SSlrz
Beginner

Hello to all

Any solution? I have the exact same problem.

I try evrey solution here, but nothing works.

Also, yes, in windows device manager the optane memory is there "Intel NVMe Controller" in Storage drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SebastianSlrzn,

I noticed you have another thread where you are receiving assistance: . Let's stay on that thread to avoid confusions.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos