Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Problems with Intel Optane

DSiko1
Beginner

I connected intel optane memory to the m2 port. Then I downloaded the software that automatically changed from AHCI to RST with optane. I started the laptop, finished the program installation and jumped out of the program that there are no compatible drives for the Intel Optane memory. I entered the bios and when it is set to RST with optane, you can not see this optane in disks in bios, but when it is set to AHCI you can see the disk in the BIOS, but when I run a laptop on AHCI pops up that the computer encountered a problem. Please help me what to do. I will add that the laptop in the device manager can see the disk.

bios:

laptop:

Acer Nitro 5 515-31

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi DSiko1,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand that you are having issues configuring the Intel® Optane™ Memory in your laptop.

Configuring a laptop is not the same as configuring a Desktop computer to work with the Intel® Optane™ Memory, so we always recommend to contact the laptop manufacturer to confirm if the laptop is compatible with the module and also to get better assistance on configuring the system and setting up the module. Laptops usually include special features that we are not aware of, so before doing any system change, the best recommendation is to contact the laptop manufacturer for assistance.

Having said this, I highly recommend you to contact Acer* to get assistance on how to setup the module in your laptop.

On the other hand, you may want to try to clean the module’s metadata if it’s recognized by the OS. If so, please follow these steps:

1. Open the command prompt as Administrator.
  2. Run the command diskpart.
  3. Run the command list disk. Take note of the ID that appears next to the Intel® Optane™ Memory. 
  4. Run the command select disk <disk_ID>. Use the ID associated to the Intel® Optane™ Memory.
  5. Run the command clean all. This will start the cleaning process. Make sure you selected the module because this process will delete all data.

After the process is complete, please try again to setup the module from the application.

Another suggestion is to use the Intel® RST application instead (in case you are using the Intel® Optane™ application) to setup the module. Both applications work fine to configure the module, but make sure you have uninstalled one before installing the other one, otherwise you will get an installation error.

Both applications are below:

Intel® RST application: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28400/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver-for-Intel-7th-8th-Generation-Platforms

Intel® Optane™ application: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28401/Intel-Optane-Memory-User-Interface-and-Driver-for-System-Acceleration-for-Intel-7th-8th-Gen-Platforms

Please keep in mind that if you are still getting the same issue, we recommend to contact the laptop manufacturer since there might be a setting at BIOS level that we are missing and we are not aware of. Your laptop manufacturer may be able to configure properly the BIOS and the OS for the module setup.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi DSiko1,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand that you are having issues configuring the Intel® Optane™ Memory in your laptop.

Configuring a laptop is not the same as configuring a Desktop computer to work with the Intel® Optane™ Memory, so we always recommend to contact the laptop manufacturer to confirm if the laptop is compatible with the module and also to get better assistance on configuring the system and setting up the module. Laptops usually include special features that we are not aware of, so before doing any system change, the best recommendation is to contact the laptop manufacturer for assistance.

Having said this, I highly recommend you to contact Acer* to get assistance on how to setup the module in your laptop.

On the other hand, you may want to try to clean the module’s metadata if it’s recognized by the OS. If so, please follow these steps:

1. Open the command prompt as Administrator.
  2. Run the command diskpart.
  3. Run the command list disk. Take note of the ID that appears next to the Intel® Optane™ Memory. 
  4. Run the command select disk <disk_ID>. Use the ID associated to the Intel® Optane™ Memory.
  5. Run the command clean all. This will start the cleaning process. Make sure you selected the module because this process will delete all data.

After the process is complete, please try again to setup the module from the application.

Another suggestion is to use the Intel® RST application instead (in case you are using the Intel® Optane™ application) to setup the module. Both applications work fine to configure the module, but make sure you have uninstalled one before installing the other one, otherwise you will get an installation error.

Both applications are below:

Intel® RST application: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28400/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver-for-Intel-7th-8th-Generation-Platforms

Intel® Optane™ application: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28401/Intel-Optane-Memory-User-Interface-and-Driver-for-System-Acceleration-for-Intel-7th-8th-Gen-Platforms

Please keep in mind that if you are still getting the same issue, we recommend to contact the laptop manufacturer since there might be a setting at BIOS level that we are missing and we are not aware of. Your laptop manufacturer may be able to configure properly the BIOS and the OS for the module setup.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi DSiko1,

I would like to know if you have any updates about this.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos