Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

Rapid Storage Technology wont enable Optane

LHass1
Beginner

I have an Asus Prime Z390-A motherboard with a 16GB Optane module installed. The motherboard and optane module are both on latest firmware.

Both Intel SSD Toolbox and RTS lists my Optane drive with correct model number.

But when I try to enable it then I just get the message: "Your system appears to be Intel Optane memory ready but no Intel Optane memory modules were detected on your computer."

All my drive are set to be managed by RTS in the bios.

How to I make RTS enable the module?

RTS system report attached.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello LHass1, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions. We will be looking forward to your reply including this information. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LHass1
Beginner

SSU log and screenshot attached.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello LHass1, Thank you for your reply. Based on the SSU logs you provided we noticed that the only drives detected on the Storage section are an SSD 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB, a RAID 1 array, and your Optane memory, this been said we will like to know which drives are you trying to accelerate with the Intel® Optane™ Memory?, This because none of the options mentioned above are going to be compatible with the system acceleration (this because you cannot accelerate and NVME drive or a RAID array with Optane) We advise you to contact your motherboard OEM Asus* in your case to check the BIOS configuration and to get the latest version of the RST or the Optane software available on their website. The only recommendations that we can provide you in order to test your Intel® Optane™ Memory, is to connect a slow SATA drive to your system, reinstall the RST or the Optane software in your system, restart your PC after the installation of the software and to try to accelerate the new SATA drive. We will be looking forward to your reply letting us know the results. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello LHass1, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello LHass1, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos