Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Resolve Optane Pinning Error

TW1590
Beginner

Hi,

Like many others I have been receiving the following error when right-clicking folders in File Explorer.

Pinning.PNG

After searching through various forums I found the best way to solve this issue is through Modifying/Repairing using Apps & Features/Programs & Features.

Unfortunately the following error occurs when I attempt to do either of those fixes.

Error.PNG

This folder does not exist. I have tried using other folders, but that results in the same error. I have tried creating this folder and moving a ShellPackage.msi file to it which results in this error.

Error 2.PNG

Is there anyone else who's come across this error and found a solution?

Thanks in advance,

TW1590

Running Windows 10 Education 1909 on a Dell Inspiron 5480

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I suggest that you should the Intel Optane Driver and the Intel Optane Pinning Extension. They have reached EOL.
  2. Start with disabling the Optane Acceleration. After disabling Optane, your computer will reboot.
  3. Open Apps and Features and uninstall the Optane Memory Driver and Optane Pinning Extension. Reboot Your computer.
  4. Download Intel RST Driver and unzip it on your drive. Right click on iaStorAC.inf and select install from drop down menu. Reboot your computer.
  5. Download from Microsoft Store and install the Intel Optane Memory and Management.
  6.  Now enable Optane Acceleration. Follow Intel Optane Memory Installation Guide, Section 3.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I suggest that you should the Intel Optane Driver and the Intel Optane Pinning Extension. They have reached EOL.
  2. Start with disabling the Optane Acceleration. After disabling Optane, your computer will reboot.
  3. Open Apps and Features and uninstall the Optane Memory Driver and Optane Pinning Extension. Reboot Your computer.
  4. Download Intel RST Driver and unzip it on your drive. Right click on iaStorAC.inf and select install from drop down menu. Reboot your computer.
  5. Download from Microsoft Store and install the Intel Optane Memory and Management.
  6.  Now enable Optane Acceleration. Follow Intel Optane Memory Installation Guide, Section 3.

Leon

0 Kudos