Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1346 Discussions

There are no valid disk pairs in your system

Jeff430
Beginner

Hello everyone,

yesterday i got my hand on a stick M10 16GB optane memory, i would like to use to boost my HDD which i used to store game. However, after installing Intel Optane Memory and storage management and change Bios SATA mode to Intel RST, this show up and now clue what went wrong. 

Motherboard: Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO AX

Bios Version: F9

CPU:  i5 1140

Thanks in advance

Jeff

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Pintu
Employee

Hello Jeff430,

Greeting for the day.

I hope this message finds you well.

As per this case, kindly help with complete details of SSD to proceed further.

Thank you for your cooperation and support.

Regards,

Manoranjan

0 Kudos
Jeff430
Beginner

Hi manoranjan,

Sorry i didn't reply yesterday, i was on duty.

This are the detail of the nvme device and hdds show in the bios, intel optane memory and storage management and intel memory and storage tool. Hope this help you identify the problem. 

Jeff

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Is the Optane Memory drive recognized in BIOS?

2. Can you see your HDD and the Optane Module in the Intel Optane Management and Storage on the Manage tab?

3. If the Optane Memory was previously used in other computer, could be that it is filled with old meta data. So you should first clean this module 

4. Follow the Optane Installation Guidelines from the User Manual page 44. Remember that the HDD to be accelerated should have GPT partition rather than MBR.

Leon

0 Kudos
Jeff430
Beginner

Leon,

Thanks for the advice, and i have double check my settings throught your advice. 

1. The optane memory drive is recognized in BIOS

2. I can see my HDD and the Optane Module in the Intel Optane management and Storage on the Manage tab, but not on Intel Optnae Memory tab.

3. The Optane Memory is never used before, nonetheless i still clean this module using CMD.

4. I did follow the installation guidelines form the user, however, despite all the drive are reconized, and HDD are in GPT, the Intel Optane management and Storage on the Manage tab still show no valid disk pairs in my system. 

Jeff

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hello Jeffrey Cheung,

Greetings for the day!

We are currently awaiting your response regarding the case. If you have any queries or require further assistance, please feel free to respond to the community post. We are more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Intel products and services.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hello Jeffrey Cheung,

Greetings for the day!

We appreciate your response to the case. We are actively working on this case, and we will update you on its status as soon as possible.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello Jeff,

Please refer to attached to your post BIOS_03.jpg image. The instructions in User Manual calls for: "Then depending on which M.2 connector you install the Optane™ memory in, set the corresponding PCIe Storage Dev on Port XX item to RST Controlled." In your BIOS the settings are: "Not RST controlled"

Leon

Jeff430
Beginner

Hi Leon,

Thanks for you help, but the option of "PCIe Storage Dev on Port XX item to RST controlled" is greyed out and not able to switch, therefore i switched "RST Control PCIe Storage Devices" to "Auto", and the problem still there.

Or it's the problem of the BIOS? I had recently downgrade from BIOS F12 to F9 because of in version F12, only AHCI is avaible on the "SATA mode" and option "Intel RST..." not even show up. 

Jeff

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

HI Jeff,

I don't have this Gigabyte board in my hand to check why this option is grayed out. But probably this port (9) can't be RST controlled. So, you may try to install the Optane memory Module in the second M.2 port and check if you can activate the "RST Controlled" mode. 

On the attached image, I can't see in which port number the Optane is installed, but you can see it in BIOS.

If the above will not help, you should ask for help in Gigabyte support/forum.

Leon

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hello Jeff,

Greeting for the Day!

We are currently awaiting your response regarding the case. If you have any queries or require further assistance, please feel free to respond on the community post. We are more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

0 Kudos