Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Unprompted disable Optane

ANA00
Beginner

Hello, I purchased Intel Optan 32 GB, everything works and connects without problems, after restarting the computer everything also works, but after I turn off the computer, and then I turn on Intel Optain automatically turns off, its like I clicked on the application to turn off the memory. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi ANA00,

Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD support group on your request for support with yor Intel® Optane™ Memory Series (32GB, M.2 80mm PCIe 3.0, 20nm, 3D Xpoint™).

Since we don’t have sufficient details about your system, we are requiring with your cooperation to provide us with some information about it. To do this, Intel® has available, the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*; you’ll be able to download it on the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

·        Please download the software.

·        When finished downloading it, open it and follow instructions

·        Please attach the SSU Log text file obtained on your next your reply.

To help you further with your request, it will be very helpful to receive from you, a screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows, showing all your HDDs and partitions. To access the disk manager you can choose from the following 2 ways:

# 1: Open it from the Quick Access Menu.

Right-click the bottom-left corner (or Start button) on the desktop to open Quick Access Menu, and then choose Disk Management.

# 2: Access Disk Management via Run.

Use Windows+R to open Run, type “diskmgmt.msc” in the empty box and tap OK.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Santiago A.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel® Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi ANA00,

Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD support group on your request for support with yor Intel® Optane™ Memory Series (32GB, M.2 80mm PCIe 3.0, 20nm, 3D Xpoint™).

Since we don’t have sufficient details about your system, we are requiring with your cooperation to provide us with some information about it. To do this, Intel® has available, the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*; you’ll be able to download it on the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

·        Please download the software.

·        When finished downloading it, open it and follow instructions

·        Please attach the SSU Log text file obtained on your next your reply.

To help you further with your request, it will be very helpful to receive from you, a screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows, showing all your HDDs and partitions. To access the disk manager you can choose from the following 2 ways:

# 1: Open it from the Quick Access Menu.

Right-click the bottom-left corner (or Start button) on the desktop to open Quick Access Menu, and then choose Disk Management.

# 2: Access Disk Management via Run.

Use Windows+R to open Run, type “diskmgmt.msc” in the empty box and tap OK.

Best regards,

Santiago A.

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi ANA00,

Greetings from Intel® SSD support group.

This is a friendly reminder your case remains open, awaiting for your reply.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Have a nice day.

Santiago A.

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi ANA00,

Greetings from Intel® SSD support group

This is to let you know, this case is being closed.

Please feel free to get back to Intel® communities, whenever you might feel necessary.

Have a nice day,

Santiago A.

0 Kudos
PDrew
Beginner

Hello

I have similar problem but with the 16gb module. I bought it just recently. Starting normally, bosts hdd and after shutting donw pc it goes into shut down mode.

Then i need to restart pc, after restart i try to start it again, but the hdd that was bosted isn't on the list. So I restart it again and then the hdd is listed normaly. After that start, restart, work.

I checked also that when I have selective hdd shut down option enabled the same things happen.

I disabled it and now when it works its ok. But after shut down pc problem remains.

I made the SSU Log in the state that optane is shutting down. ( Do you need it when it works ? )

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi PDrew,

Thank you for your contact to Intel® SSD support group.

We have seen your have opened already another community thread Intel Optane Shut down after I shut down pc or boosted disk goes power save state. You will be able to receive support directly from one of our support agents on this new thread, please follow this link to get access to your request: https://forums.intel.com/0D50P00004OSGY6?fromCase=1 

Please feel free to get back to Intel® communities, whenever you might feel necessary.

Best regards,

Santiago A.

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos