Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Unsuported BIOS Configuration

VDang
Beginner

Hi Intel Supporters,

Please can you have recheck with my case, i have just bought a new Intel Optane 16GB and tried to install but unfortunately i cannot set up successfully:

/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-550263-486198/pastedImage_0.png

/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-550263-486199/pastedImage_1.png

And i wil attach the log file in attachment, please have a recheck this case, i also try to set CSM disabled , SATA mode to RST all the same as intel instruction but cannot install Optane driver at all.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello VinceDang,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

I understand that you get an Unsupported BIOS Mode error message. I checked the logs that you attached, specifically the one named IntelOptaneMemory.log, and found the following:

2018:06:17 13:04:16:789: Extended error text: 'Your BIOS is set in Legacy Mode'

As stated here (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023994/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023994/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html), one of the base requirements to run Intel® Optane™ memory is to have an Intel® Optane memory ready UEFI BIOS (Legacy BIOS mode isn't supported). Also, please keep in mind that this mode can only be set on a HDD formatted with a GPT partition.

Please make the corresponding changes and try again.

In case you have any update or question, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello VinceDang,

I was wondering if you have any updates.

In case you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos