Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Unwillingly installed the Optane memory software and my pc won't start !!

MasterChief
Novice

Hello,

I just finished building my gamer computer and I had already installed windows 10 pro but when I installed the drivers suggested by the website driverscloud, I installed one driver from intel (my cpu is an intel core i7-10700K) and I wrongly accepted to install a software for Optane memory. Then my pc restarted and nothing was happening on the screen and the DRAM led was lit up ! 

I cannot find a way to restart it even after some time. I think that it is searching for an Optane memory device and that it cannot find it.

That you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Thanks Al and Leon, but I am not sure that he is getting far enough to follow either of your suggestions.

@MasterChief, I have two things for you to try,

1. Completely unplug the system from A/C power for 5 minutes.
  2. Reset CMOS.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Try going into the bios, and set SATA mode to AHCI.  Then, boot in to Safe Mode.

After that, you should be ok.

Doc

MasterChief
Novice

yes AlHill but I hadn't access to the BIOS, there wasn't any information displayed on the screen and the keyboard and mouse weren't receiving any power.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @MasterChief ,

1. Insert Windows Installation USB int USB slot. If you don't have one prepare it using Microsoft Media Creation Tool.

2. Power ON your computer and enter into BIOS settings. Verify that the SATA mode is set to AHCI (rather than to "Intel RST Premium with Optane...". If the SATA memory is not set to default AHCI, please set it to this mode. I'm assuming that this was the mode during Windows installation on your system. 

3. Save the BIOS setting, exit from BIOS and boot from the Windows Installation USB. 

4. Select your language preferences and click/tap on Next

5. Click/tap on Repair your computer at the bottom. 

6. Click/tap on Troubleshoot

7. Click/tap on Advanced options.

8. Click/tap on Troubleshoot

9. Click/tap on Advanced options

10. Click/tap on System Restore (use a restore point recorder on your PC to restore Windows). 

11. If prompted, click/tap on an administrator and follow the instruction on screen. Select the restore point form the list. 

12. After few Nexts, click Finish confirmed by Yes - the restore will start. 

13.Your PC will now restart and perform a System Restore. 

14.When the System Restore has completed successfully, click/tap on Restart.

Hope this helps
Leon

n_scott_pearson
Super User

Thanks Al and Leon, but I am not sure that he is getting far enough to follow either of your suggestions.

@MasterChief, I have two things for you to try,

1. Completely unplug the system from A/C power for 5 minutes.
  2. Reset CMOS.

Hope this helps,

...S

MasterChief
Novice

Thanks LeonWaksman and n_scott_pearson I did reset CMOS by unplugging the round battery. And then I followed the steps with my USB key and it went perfectly !

Many thanks to everyone for taking some time for me !

0 Kudos