Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

What to replace optane memory in HP Omen desktop 880 with bootable 500G M.2 SSD drive. According to BIOS warnings OS is spread over 16gb M.2 optane drive and SATA drive. Can this be done?

DPort9
Beginner

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Try downloading the app from the MS App Store and running it.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

If you plan to replace the optane, no problem. Just disable the optane, and remove it.

Doc

0 Kudos
DPort9
Beginner

Disabling it in Bios provides somber warnings about total loss of data on Optane drive and sata drive. Installing the new M.2 driver renders the computer unbootable looking for an OS. Changing boot options in BIOS results in same message. Somehow, I have to make the new SSD drive bootable.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

'Disable' as in go into the RST/Optane Console app and disable the Optane cache. Once this is done, add data will be persisted on the HDD and the Optane not used at all. Then you can remove it.

...S

0 Kudos
DPort9
Beginner

*driver should be drive

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Yes, I should have said disable it in the APP.

Doc

0 Kudos
DPort9
Beginner

Might have found one of the problems, there is no RST console app installed. Nothing in services, programs. Hp driver history says Intel Rapid Storage technology driver installed 10 months ago. I have not seen it. BTW thanks for being available at this time of night!

0 Kudos
DPort9
Beginner

Tried reinstalling the driver. Returned a message, "No longer applicable"!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Try downloading the app from the MS App Store and running it.

...S

0 Kudos
DPort9
Beginner

OK, downloaded from the App Store. Installed and disabled optane. Rebooted, came back up, praise the Lord. Tomorrow, I will install the new drive and see if I can make it bootable. I'll use the other 2 TBs for storage. Thanks for all your help.

0 Kudos