Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

When will Dynamic HDDs be supported with Optane Cache

RGuzm3
Beginner

I want to say that I am truly appreciative that Intel did decide to support secondary drives.

With that said, I do not understand why dynamic volumes are unsupported. This means that I have to take my 2 HDDs out of striping and use only one with my cache.

It should not matter where the application is ran from for the cache to recognize frequently used programs.

Is there considerations being made for Optane to cache dynamic drives?

This would be beneficial to Intel as it would drive Optane sales by allowing budget builders to stripe several HDDs and get large volume storage, for a decent price, with Almost SSD performance.

If this has not been considered, I would recommend an internal discussion concerning this.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello zolarius,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

Currently there is no ETA for the feature that you describe.

We really appreciate this kind of feedback. I will inform the corresponding team of your interest in implementing a feature that enables the acceleration of dynamic volumes.

Please keep visiting the community for any news and information regarding the Optane™ memory module.

Regards,

Andres V.