Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Your system is not Intel Optane Memory Ready

haardik198
Beginner

Since last week I am getting an Error notification that One of you disk is at risk. When I check Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management, it shows there are no valid disk pairs in  your system.

What are the requirements that does not meet?

My Setup-

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 1.38 GHz

512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid Stat e Drive
Help Me!!11
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

You don't have Intel SSD with Optane in your laptop, so, the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management is irrelevant for you and you should uninstall it. In the SSU report I can see that you have Samsung PM991 NVMe 512GB SSD. This is an OEM SSD used by DELL and HP. While looked in DELL site, couldn't find any dedicated driver for your SSD. There is a firmware update to Version 25305039, A00. You may try to update firmware of your SSD, although in the SSU report I can see that you have firmware Version 25307039, however, since this is an OEM SSD, I would use the OEM driver.

You may try to download the Samsung Magician Software, but since your SSD is a special addition of OEM drive, may be not all features will work in this tool.

Leon

View solution in original post

11 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @haardik198 

1. The Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management application is used in system with Intel Optane Memory Module (which I assume is not your case)?

2. To check the status of your drive, you should use an dedicated application from the OEM which the SSD was produced. You may also download ands install the Intel Memory and Storage Tool, to check the status errors generated by the SSD.

Leon

haardik198
Beginner

@LeonWaksman 

I haven't bought Intel Optane Memory but it is the specs of my PC

Dell Inspiron 5509

one Intel Optane Memory H10 with Solid State Storage 

I downloaded the link you mentioned.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @haardik198 

The H10 SSD is optional. In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

haardik198
Beginner

Here is the SSU .txt file.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

You don't have Intel SSD with Optane in your laptop, so, the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management is irrelevant for you and you should uninstall it. In the SSU report I can see that you have Samsung PM991 NVMe 512GB SSD. This is an OEM SSD used by DELL and HP. While looked in DELL site, couldn't find any dedicated driver for your SSD. There is a firmware update to Version 25305039, A00. You may try to update firmware of your SSD, although in the SSU report I can see that you have firmware Version 25307039, however, since this is an OEM SSD, I would use the OEM driver.

You may try to download the Samsung Magician Software, but since your SSD is a special addition of OEM drive, may be not all features will work in this tool.

Leon

haardik198
Beginner
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @haardik198 

One thing more. Looking again in the SSU report, I notified that your SSD reaching temperature of 76 Deg C, which is quite high. Please use the Intel tool or Samsung tool to check if the temperature is so high. It can indicate that the thermal solution for the SSD is not attached correctly. You may ask Samsung support if this temperature is safe working temperature.

Leon

haardik198
Beginner
I couldn’t check temperature with Intel or Samsung as it doesn’t support in these software. Could you help me with that???
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

You can see the temperatures using HWiNFO64.

Leon

haardik198
Beginner
Is it all ?? Is it fine???
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Yes, the temperatures are O.K.

Leon