Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

disk error causing printing problems

Carolb
Beginner

When reviewing SMART disk error in Intel Optane Memory and Storage, had no valid disk pairs. I do think there is an error on a drive ever since there were power issues here last night. My laptop restarted and was stuck on startup screen for about an hour. Now I can't print anything from my hard drive, but the printer will print test pages and reports, plus will scan. I am trying to follow repair instructions, but there are no changes.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carolb
Beginner
Thank you. I checked further on my own and it is the hard drive, which I am replacing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, Carolb.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your case regarding the Intel Optane Memory error, I will be happy to assist.

We can help you check the status of your Intel Optane Memory and make sure there are no problems, but please keep in mind this is not related to your printer, so we would recommend contacting the printer manufacturer for this specific issue.

If you are still getting the error message involving Optane, we would appreciate if you can provide us a few screenshots from the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management showing the disk(s) and the errors.

Additionally, please provide us with a full system report using the Intel SSU:

- Download: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

2. Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

I will follow up on November 25th just in case.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Carolb
Beginner
Thank you. I checked further on my own and it is the hard drive, which I am replacing.
BrusC_Intel

Hello, CarolB.

Good day,

Thank you for letting us know.

Since that is the case, please let me know if I can help you in any way, or if that is not necessary and you will work with your seller or point-of-sale regarding the replacement.

I will close the case on November 26th if there is no confirmation and assistance is not required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, CarolB.

Good day,

This post is to confirm that we are closing the thread since further assistance was not requested.

If we can help you in any way in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us via any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Thank you for contacting Intel.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos