Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

error code 0xc00000e

cb247
Beginner
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-dr1012dx, Windows 10 Pro, Optane 512 GB

• I get the above error on boot. Tried Win USB boot repairs, but they just bounce back to the initial screen - no error or finish.
  • Loaded the Optane drive into a USB external drive case, Windows partition utility and AOMEI both see the drive an partitions (But neither recognize it as bitlocker encrypted) - I do have the bitlocker key, but need to get past the first hurdle I think.
  • Windows Explorer displays the drive, but nothing underneath it.

How do I get the drive to recognize?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosafathB_Intel

Hello cb247,

Thank you for your reply,

We apologize, but your OEM HP* will be your best option to try to fix your OS issue. Take into consideration that the OEM creates and modifies their solutions to fit their needs, and they have their list of compatible hardware and software that sometimes is different from our list. For example, there are cases that some of the systems need a specific BIOS or software configuration to be able to work with an OS, add-on hardware, or feature.

As per your consent, we will close this community thread. If you need further assistance related to an Intel® product, please do not hesitate to contact us back by opening a new thread.

Best regards,

Josh B.
Intel® Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JosafathB_Intel

Hello cb247,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid State Storage. If we inferred correctly, please review and provide us with the following information:

1- We advise you to contact your original equipment manufacturer (OEM) HP* to get further assistance.

2- we would like to know if your Optane™ came preinstalled on your PC?

3- Based on the information you provide us, you are using a USB enclosure to try to access the data on your Optane. Please take into consideration the usage of not supported or 3rd party hardware can damage your Optane.

We will follow up with you again next Wednesday, the 30th of December 2020, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

We will be looking forward to your reply in case you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
cb247
Beginner

1) I have reached out to HP - would you believe they told me to reach out to Intel?

2) The Optane Drive came preinstalled on the HP laptop.

3) The error (error code 0xc00000e) was when the Optane drive was in the machine. Using a Windows Boot USB, the detect and repair options were not available - I could not make any progress troubleshooting with the drive in the Computer. Taking the Optane Drive out of the machine and using it in an external drive enclosure, the drive physically works - I can see the Optane drive using Intel's MAS Tool GUI. MAS Tool GUI confirms the drive is functional, reporting no issues with the device or volumes in the drive. Within Windows Explorer the Drive letter is even displayed, but it cannot a) show the files b) prompt for the bitlocker key. Cycling back to the beginning, putting the Optane Drive back into the PC, I still get the above error.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello cb247,

Thank you for your reply.

Based on the information you provided, you are experiencing an issue with your OS booting process, as stated by the error code 0xc000000e. We advise you to contact HP* to take your PC to the repair center to return it to the factory default state, to discard any hardware issue.

As you mentioned, our tools report that the Optane is functional and detected by the other PC that you are using for testing purposes. This issue seems more related to the OS or the BIOS configuration, and HP* should provide you with support on this scenario since it came pre-installed on your PC.

We will follow up with you again next Wednesday, the 31st of December 2020, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
cb247
Beginner

As I said previously, I've contacted HP. If you will not provide other options to help resolve then I guess that's that.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello cb247,

Thank you for your reply,

We apologize, but your OEM HP* will be your best option to try to fix your OS issue. Take into consideration that the OEM creates and modifies their solutions to fit their needs, and they have their list of compatible hardware and software that sometimes is different from our list. For example, there are cases that some of the systems need a specific BIOS or software configuration to be able to work with an OS, add-on hardware, or feature.

As per your consent, we will close this community thread. If you need further assistance related to an Intel® product, please do not hesitate to contact us back by opening a new thread.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos