Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

error code does not exist

TJone8
Beginner

I have spent 25 hours over 4 days to finally get the Bios into UEFI mode and the HDD to GPT format and put an 11MB unallocated bit at the end and ran the optane install S/W and tried thenable it only to get a message there is a problem.

But what problem? Well it states its error code OxAOO7OOOB but this error code is absolutely no where on the list at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory/000024113.html Error Codes and Messages While Enabling and Disabling Intel® Optane™...

what does this error mean and how can I fix it?

thanks

tjj

0 Kudos
16 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Tjjones,

Other users have reported this error as resolved after performing a clean installation of the OS. However, after spending such a long time converting your Windows* installation, we can understand if you're not looking to reinstall your OS.

Please send us the following screenshot:

1. Right click your start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Run Diskpart, then List Disk.

3. Based on size, figure out which drive is your Optane™ Memory, note disk number.

4. Issue Select Disk # command (Substitute # for your disk number from previous table).

5. Issue List Partition command.

I've attached an image for reference.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
TJone8
Beginner

Hi here is the screen shop, thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Tjjones,

Could you please run those diskpart commands again, but this time to show the first partition of your boot drive?

We would also like the following:

1. Screenshot of your disk setup in Disk Management.

2. Download and run the Intel® System Support Utility. Save the report and attach it to your reply.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
TJone8
Beginner

Hi here is the info

0 Kudos
TJone8
Beginner

Hi have spent considerable more time on this. You mentioned that "Other users have reported this error as resolved after performing a clean installation of the OS" I got a new HDD and under UEFI bios tried and tried with all options to do a clean install of Windows 10 (64bit) from my windows 10 home usb stick. But the UEFI would not boot from the stick, it would not even see the stick and boot manager could not see it either. I then tried a clone onto this HDD and booted into UEFI (optane Enable still had same error code) and did a fresh install of win 10 over the top of this drive keeping nothing of original install.. Then booted from this new install but still the same error. I re booted in UEFI with original HDD with the latest win 10 and tried the AsRock 1click optane install program but this also failed saying sata non AHCI mode. I tried changing the storage option from Intel RST Premium with Optane Intel system acceleration (Raid mode) back to AHCI with CSM still disabled and booted but this will not work. It goes into PC repair and then options that all just lead to rebooting. So I have a HDD that boots under UEFI but Optane will NOT enable.

One other thing with the optane installed on the motherboard when I run Disk Management it says I should initialise the disk and has the option of GPT style. Should I do this? see jpeg below.

This is very time consuming for a product that claims it to be simple and easy, The descriptions on the web site and instructions have not been accurate. The product is clearly not fit for purpose under Australia consumer law and a refund and compensation for the time and cost suffered maybe required. It would seem to be a far better solution (without the associated frustration) to have got a M.2 SSD. (like the intel 600P 1TB) instead. Unless (I hope) you can resolve this issue. Trevor

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Tjjones,

Thank you for this information. Please share with us your full System Support Utility report as well, we'll need this to gain more insight into your problem.

We understarstand your frustration, it should not take nearly this long to enable system acceleration. Yours is not an usual scenario what-so-ever. If you're not willing to continue troubleshooting please let us know, and contact your place of purchase or local support team for replacement/refunds.

Please keep in mind that Windows® 10 was designed to work with UEFI BIOS and GPT partitions. It's capable of backward compatibility to legacy BIOS and MBR, because Microsoft* needed to make sure users were able to upgrade from previous OS versions with less requirements. However, in legacy mode your OS isn't capable of operating at it's full capacity (secure boot, for example, is only available with UEFI).

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIYkol851dU BIOS and UEFI As Fast As Possible.

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

Based on this, you shouldn't have a such a difficult time installing your OS in UEFI mode. These issues could be caused to a bug in your BIOS, or incorrect settings. We can recommend contacting your motherboard manufacturer for assistance in regards to this portion of your problem.

As for Disk Management, dont' worry. It will always suggest formating any un-initialized drive it sees. You can do this or not, even if your Optane™ Memory module is full of files, it will be re-formatted as needed by our software.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
TJone8
Beginner

here is full system report

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Tjjones,

Thanks. We'll bring this case up to our engineers and let you know what's next as soon as possible, please continue checking this thread throughout the week.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Tjjones,

There are currently two versions of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology that contain the Optane™ Memory Software and can be used to enable system acceleration. Looking at the support page for your motherboard we noticed that only the original release version has been validated by your motherboard manufacturer.

Would it be possible to see if you receive the same error with both versions? (You only need to test the one you haven't tried, if any).

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26730/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST- Intel® RST/Optane™ Memory SW version 15.5.0.1051 (validated by ASRock*).

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26865/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-?v=t Intel® RST/Optane™ Memory SW version 15.7.0.1014 (latest release).

Aside from this we would like for you to engage your motherboard manufacturer in regards to this issue as well. From our end you've already performed all logical troubleshooting for this problem, it would be important to seek out their findings as well. Please let us know what their resolution turns out.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
TJone8
Beginner

Hi I uninstalled the "new'' version and ran 15.5.0.1051 but this has returned the same error code.

I have been in contact with AsRock re making a clean/fresh install of OS on UEFI. Their explanation did not work so I found Rufus app to make a bootable GPT USB. This program needs a ISO for the OS but I only have a win 10 USB (that is in MBR I unchecked the option for ISO and after making a GPT bootable USB copied the files from the win 10 install USB to the GPT USB. This worked but after installing win 10 to a new GPT HDD and trying Optane enable (checking partitions for min5MB at end)it failed the same with same error code. I will contact Asrock again re the optane issue. Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Tjjones,

We're very interested in finding out how this turns out, any progress updates as you go along are very welcome.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Tjjones,

We have not heard back from you in a while, has your issue been resolved?

If not, we can recommend making sure to perform a secure erase (low-level format) on your boot drive before reinstalling the operating system.

There are several ways to do this:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/memory-and-storage/000006198.html Using bootable third-party tools.

- With the drive connected as secondary, from an administrator command prompt through diskpart:

1. Diskpart

2. List disk

3. Select disk 1 (replace "1" for the number next to the drive we want to format).

4. Clean all (this takes quite a while, there's no progress bar).

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
TJone8
Beginner

Hi Asrock gave me following reply

Dear Trevor,

Thanks for contacting ASRock.

To support Intel Optane Memory, please make sure if your system meet the followings:

1. Choose Z270, H270 or B250 series platform and 7th Generation (Kaby Lake) Intel® Core™ Processor.

2. Install Windows 10 64bit OS.3. The system drive needs to be GPT format.

4. Update to supported BIOS P2.00 or later version.

Please refer to below website to set up optane memory.

http://www.asrock.com/feature/IntelOptane/ http://www.asrock.com/feature/IntelOptane/

I also list the way to set up Intel Optane memory on our H270 Performance to you.

1. Please make sure your BIOS version is P2.00 or later version, and load BIOS default settings. The SATA mode is just set at AHCI mode.

2. Enter into OS, please install "Intel Optane memory 1 Click Install utility" and system would automatically finish all driver and BIOS setting for Intel Optane memory.

* If your system is existing Intel RST or Optane driver, please un-install it before install our "Intel Optane memory 1 Click Install utility".

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Drivers/Intel/Others/Intel_Optane(v1.0).zip http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Drivers/Intel/Others/Intel_Optane(v1.0).zip

3. After installing the utility, system will restart and enable Intel Optane memory.

4. And then user can experience the Intel Optane memory performance.

If the symptom still exits, please try the following suggestions to verify.

1. Re-flash BIOS P2.10 and load BIOS default settings.

2. Re-install "Intel Optane memory 1 Click Install utility" to try.

3. Please only install the necessary device CPU, memory, system disk and Optane memory to verify.

4. If possible, please re-install system under AHCI mode to try.

Thank you!

Have a great day,ASRock TSD

However the Win 10 flash drive I bought is MBR. It will only boot under non UEFI. I tried ALL the above and it did not work but got a clue from error msg with, Asrock 1 click optain install, Under the BIOS (not UEFI) an error was that bios was not UEFI. Which of course is what you get with default settings. Under UEFI bios and GPT HDD 1 click gave error that it was not AHCI. But default sata is RST. I had tried switching to AHCI from RST but I think the GPT conflicted and would not boot.

I reflashed my bios to P2.10. I used my bootable UEFI GPT USB win 10 install to create another GPT HDD with AHCI but this also crashed. I then did (like you have described above) remembered years ago doing low level formats. With a booted system as admin I used diskpart to do a clean. Then with My USB GPT win 10 I had created, booted into UEFI with sata set to AHCI and a clean HDD. I installed win 10 and then ran "1 click optane install". It enabled Boot speed has settled in at about 20 seconds.

Trevor

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Tjjones,

That was a bit of a messy process and made my head spin a little. Did I understand correctly, your issue is now resolved and system acceleration has been enabled?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
TJone8
Beginner

Hi

yes Optane is now working. To get this to work I needed a HDD with the deep format Dispart -> clean. I needed to make a bootable GPT USB drive and copy my Windows 10 install files to it (the WIn 10 install USB is MBR and will not work in a UEFI bios)

I had to make sure the Sata controller was set to AHCI not RST. Once Win 10 was installed on this HDD I could run Asrock "1 click optane install" which changed the Sata controller to RST and probably other stuff and re-booted and then ran the old version of intels enable Optane. This worked and allowed me to get Optane finally working. Not being able to install Windows 10 over my old installation was a major pain and having to completely install every thing from scratch (which I did several times) to finally get it to work over 2 weeks was not what ASrock and Intel had promised as an easy process.

Trevor

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Trevor,

We entirely understand your frustration. It took quite a bit more work than normal to get everything up and running. I have passed your feedback and this thread up to the appropriate channels, they've acknowledged the issue, and it should be taken into consideration for future updates.

Thank you for sharing the steps taken to achieve a resolution. We're positive this should help other users visiting our Support Community.

We hope that you're now able to enjoy the advantages of your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If you have any additional questions, concerns, or issues, feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos