Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

intel optane 0xa0010055

PSmir2
Beginner

When installing IntelOptaneMemory the error above appears, how can I add these 5 MB and where to add them, and I checked my system in the SSU, file attachedQKOxUUrCBmI.jpgСнимок экрана (1).png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You should leave 5-20MB in the end of your system disk . In your case this space should be located after disc D: . On Disk Manager image, I see some space assigned (I can't understand to which purpose - could be this is some OEM partition?). If yes, you should move this partition from the end of the drive to the left. To do this, you may use tool like AOMEI Partition Manager.
  2. Once, you have regular partition - like D: , in the end of your drive, you may decrease size of D: by 5-20MB.
  3. See the attached image for an example.

Leon

diskManagementOptaneDisabled.jpeg

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You should leave 5-20MB in the end of your system disk . In your case this space should be located after disc D: . On Disk Manager image, I see some space assigned (I can't understand to which purpose - could be this is some OEM partition?). If yes, you should move this partition from the end of the drive to the left. To do this, you may use tool like AOMEI Partition Manager.
  2. Once, you have regular partition - like D: , in the end of your drive, you may decrease size of D: by 5-20MB.
  3. See the attached image for an example.

Leon

diskManagementOptaneDisabled.jpeg

AlHitmi
Beginner

I did have to use  AOMEI Partition Manager to move the unallocated space to end of the drive for it to work. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It is a shame that Windows Disk Management cannot provide just a little bit more to help with partition management.