Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

intel optane memory

AT07
Beginner

iaStorAfsService.exe is having high cpu usage and because of that my laptop is heating up a lot so what can be done?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Johnny_V_Intel
Employee

Hello AT07

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your case regarding iaStorAfsService.exe having high CPU usage and because of that your system is heating up.

I will be happy to review this issue and seek for the best solution for you.

Please confirm the following information:

1-Have you perform or have your system perform any drivers update recently?

2-Are you utilizing system acceleration with Intel® Optane™ Memory? If so, please share with us the Intel® Optane™ Memory model that you have deployed in your system.

3-Please also confirm if the Intel® Optane™ Memory came pre-installed in your system.

4-Have you contacted your system manufacturer to address this error?

5-Please share with us the Intel® System Support Utility Logs from Windows*

For reference you may visit the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html 

We will follow up with you on this inquiry on 12/15/22, in case we don’t hear from you before that date.

Best regards,

Johnny V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Johnny_V_Intel
Employee

Hello AT07

We are following up on your post regarding iaStorAfsService.exe having high CPU usage.

We requested for more details in our previous interaction, but we have not receive a response, so we will proceed to close this thread on 12/20/22, if we don’t hear from you before that date.

Best regards,

Johnny V.

0 Kudos
Johnny_V_Intel
Employee

Hello AT07

This is to inform you about the closure of this community thread.

I previously requested for additional information, but there was no response after trying to follow up

This thread will be closed right now and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support. If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Johnny V.

0 Kudos