Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

problem enabling optane m10 16gb

cchristos
Beginner

i am facing a problem enabling an optane m10 16gb on an asrock z490 extreme4 witn windows 10 64bit. i installed the 1st place the optane memery driver (it automaticaly changed ahci to optane rst in bios) and the system rebooted. the disk is in gpt format. but still i cannot enable for any of my disks.  i have tried to install the rst files , but i get the errors i upload.

are there any clues?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, cchristos,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory M10 Series. If we infer correctly, we will appreciate it if you can review the following information:

1- Based on the SSU logs you shared with us, the Optane memory is not detected. 

2- We advise you to contact your OEM (original equipment manufacturer) and to open a ticket in parallel since you are having issues installing the drivers available on their website.

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z490%20Extreme4/index.asp#Download

3- Our recommendation is to check your motherboard manual or with your motherboard original manufacturer (OEM) about the M.2 configuration to connect the Optane memory, to uninstall your current drivers, and to install the latest packages on your OEM website (Intel Optane driver ver:17.8.0.1065_RS5). After installing this driver and the Optane is activated, install the Optane software available in the Microsoft* store.

4- Please, check the motherboard firmware version with your OEM. Install this firmware update if necessary, and try to activate your Optane.

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z490%20Extreme4/index.asp#BIOS

Let us know the results.

We are going to follow up with you again next Tuesday, the 17th of November 2020, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
cchristos
Beginner

i forgot to mention that i have an i7-10700 cpu, and neither the drivers or the rst work from the asrock site

0 Kudos
cchristos
Beginner

this is the log from the ssu

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, cchristos,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory M10 Series. If we infer correctly, we will appreciate it if you can review the following information:

1- Based on the SSU logs you shared with us, the Optane memory is not detected. 

2- We advise you to contact your OEM (original equipment manufacturer) and to open a ticket in parallel since you are having issues installing the drivers available on their website.

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z490%20Extreme4/index.asp#Download

3- Our recommendation is to check your motherboard manual or with your motherboard original manufacturer (OEM) about the M.2 configuration to connect the Optane memory, to uninstall your current drivers, and to install the latest packages on your OEM website (Intel Optane driver ver:17.8.0.1065_RS5). After installing this driver and the Optane is activated, install the Optane software available in the Microsoft* store.

4- Please, check the motherboard firmware version with your OEM. Install this firmware update if necessary, and try to activate your Optane.

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z490%20Extreme4/index.asp#BIOS

Let us know the results.

We are going to follow up with you again next Tuesday, the 17th of November 2020, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
cchristos
Beginner

thank you for your prompt reply. asrock tech has shown me that the mobo has three m2 slots an i was using the wrong one. now it works like a charm with optane memory from market place, BUT still i get errors installing the rst and the installer stays active at the windows startup. the log files are below.

0 Kudos
cchristos
Beginner

finally managed to get it working. since it works with the program from microsoft store there is no need to install this.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, cchristos,

Thank you for your reply.

We are glad to hear that you were able to set up your Optane memory on your PC.

Based on the information you provide us, everything seems to be up and running on your PC.

We will proceed to close this thread as you already our answer as the best answer.

If you need assistance with any other Intel® product, please open a new thread.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Josh B.
Intel® Customer Support Technician
A Contingent Worker at Intel®

0 Kudos