Beginner

unable to enable optane on my secondary drive

Jump to solution

optane.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I suggest that you should verify int the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management that after restarting you computer, the Optane Memory is disabled.
  2. Then in Bios please check that the SATA mode is set to Intel RST with Optane.
  3. Next , uninstall the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management , reboot your computer and download again new installation from Microsoft Store
  4. Finally try to enable Optane acceleration .

Leon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1.      Download Intel RST Driver and unzip it on your drive. Right click on iaStorAC.inf and select Install from drop down menu. Reboot your computer.

2.  Now enable Optane Acceleration. Follow Intel Optane Memory Installation Guide, Section 3.

Leon

ESin0
Beginner

i installed the iaStorAC.inf, rebooted the PC. When i try to enable Optane, i get the same message. however this time i have theoptane2.png option to restart.

LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I suggest that you should verify int the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management that after restarting you computer, the Optane Memory is disabled.
  2. Then in Bios please check that the SATA mode is set to Intel RST with Optane.
  3. Next , uninstall the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management , reboot your computer and download again new installation from Microsoft Store
  4. Finally try to enable Optane acceleration .

Leon

View solution in original post