Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory
Examine Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory
66 Discussions

Will the brand new pmem 100 be tested before leaving the factory?

dybu
Beginner

I bought a brand new PMEM 100. But I found a light scratch on each of its gold fingers. So I wonder if every persistent memory goes through factory testing like normal DRAM before it leaves the factory.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, dybu.

Thank you for your patience.

I can confirm that the picture looks normal to us, and all devices go through a high-quality review process before shipping. If you purchased this from an official retailer, it should be indeed a brand-new device.

I'm also glad to hear that it it working fine, but if you encounter any issues while using it you can check with the place of purchase first, or contact us for additional help.

Regarding that SN, I can validate it in our system, so it looks good showing up as:

- Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory 128GB Module (1.0)

If you have any additional questions, please let me know, and I will follow up on September 1st in case you need additional time.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, dybu.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your ticket regarding this PMEM wear, and I will be reviewing this with you.

Please allow me to confirm if this is the case, and I will contact you back as soon as possible.

I would recommend you that in the meantime you contact the point of sale as well just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

dybu
Beginner

Thank you for your reply,
My PMEM100 can't find warranty information on Intel's official website, but it works fine. The Model is NMA1XXD128GPS. The serial number is 8089A2201700000790. So I just want to confirm whether it is a normal situation to have scratches on the gold finger of the brand new PMEM100.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, dybu.

Thank you for your patience.

I can confirm that the picture looks normal to us, and all devices go through a high-quality review process before shipping. If you purchased this from an official retailer, it should be indeed a brand-new device.

I'm also glad to hear that it it working fine, but if you encounter any issues while using it you can check with the place of purchase first, or contact us for additional help.

Regarding that SN, I can validate it in our system, so it looks good showing up as:

- Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory 128GB Module (1.0)

If you have any additional questions, please let me know, and I will follow up on September 1st in case you need additional time.

Regards,

Bruce C.

BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, dybu.

Thank you for taking the time to flag the thread as resolved.

Since further questions did not take place and additional assistance was not requested, the thread will be closed right now, and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, just open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos