Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
431 Discussions

How can I boot my System OS from Intel SSD?

MakaHomes1212
Beginner

I am using a Dell inspiration 15 system. I recently decided to update my system from HDD to SSD. I installed Intel SSDSC2KG019TZ01(https://www.allhdd.com/intel-ssdsc2kg019tz01-sata-ssd/) in a caddy. It has started showing in my system on my computer. I also migrated my OS from HDD to SSD using EaseUS but it is not booting from SSD can you please tell me how can I boot it from SSD.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @MakaHomes1212 

You can't use both disks after system migrations, since both disks having the same ID now. Try first disconnect the HDD and see if the SSD is booting. If it is booting, your have correctly migrated the system from HDD to SSD.  If you want to have both disks connected and boot from the SSD, you will need to erase and reformat the HDD first.

However, in my opinion the SSD should be the main drive now, installed in laptop.

Leon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. After system migration, did you replaced the HDD with the new SSD?

2. Or, you have still both drives installed: HDD in laptop and SSD in enclosure?

If the answer in para. 2 is yes, install the SSD in place the HDD.

Leon

0 Kudos
MakaHomes1212
Beginner

@LeonWaksman I am using it in Caddy. I wanna use both hard drives.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @MakaHomes1212 

You can't use both disks after system migrations, since both disks having the same ID now. Try first disconnect the HDD and see if the SSD is booting. If it is booting, your have correctly migrated the system from HDD to SSD.  If you want to have both disks connected and boot from the SSD, you will need to erase and reformat the HDD first.

However, in my opinion the SSD should be the main drive now, installed in laptop.

Leon