Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

How to wipe Intel Enterprise SAS SSD

cyewhang
Beginner

From this link, this software don't support SAS SSD.. is it correct and is there another tool to wipe SAS SSD?

https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000057452/memory-and-storage.html

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, cyewhang.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your ticket regarding Intel SSD tools to wipe an enterprise SSD, and I will l be assisting you with this.

The tool you linked in the description is the Intel Memory and Storage Tool, designed only for Intel SSDs. Just to confirm, what is the model of the drives that you are using?

The drive manufacturer may have tools to perform this type of operation, or third-party software may also help with this.

I will follow up on May 27th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, cyewhang.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your ticket regarding Intel SSD tools to wipe an enterprise SSD, and I will l be assisting you with this.

The tool you linked in the description is the Intel Memory and Storage Tool, designed only for Intel SSDs. Just to confirm, what is the model of the drives that you are using?

The drive manufacturer may have tools to perform this type of operation, or third-party software may also help with this.

I will follow up on May 27th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Cyewhang.

I wanted to follow up on your thread to check if you had any questions regarding my previous response.

I will follow up again on May 31st before closing the thread.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Cyewhang.

This message is to inform you about the thread closure.

I previously tried to confirm if you were using Intel drives since the tool mentioned in the article is the Intel Memory and Storage Tool, and I also mentioned that, depending on the drive manufacturer, they may also provide tools to perform different types of operations, and this can also be achieved via third-party tools.

The thread will be closed right now and no longer monitored by Intel support since there was no confirmation about further assistance being required. If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos