Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

Intel SSD Toolbox 3.5.2 and SSD330 crash

JWe
Beginner

I have a similar issue like in this case:

In my case:

The read scan goes until 75% and then this error message appears.

The data integrity scan ends successfully with 100%

No firmware update required.

Similar for "optimizer", ends with the error message after ~75%.

I had never an issue with the SSD-Toolbox, but with latest update to v3.5.2 it ends always in a Blue Screen! (Windows 10, all updates installed)

I cannot close the program on usual way. If I try to close, the PC slows down until the Blue Screen.

I've checked S.M.A.R.T values with CrystalDiskInfo (v7.0.5) to get a 2nd opinion. Here everything looks OK, see below. Similar good values with AIDA64 Extreme. So, I lost a bit the trust into the newest version of SSD Toolbox. Any hint besides to run low-level format? Would it make sense to try a previous version again?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The latest version of the SSD toolbox is 3.5.3 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28036/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox?v=t Download Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox

Doc

JWe
Beginner

Thank you!

It was released around the date of my question :-) but change history lists added support for SSD660p only, no bug fixing.

You think, I could try and it should work properly with this older SSD330?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello j2w,

The new release also includes minor bug fixes, please try the new version of toolbox and let me know if your bug is still happening.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
JWe
Beginner

Thank you, Juan! I have installed version 3.5.3. The read scan was running until 100%, but system slows down again and a Blue Screen before I could close the toolbox.

Now I have de-installed and system is running. I have no more evidence. Maybe it is by accident. The system is >7 years old and I will go for a new system next year ... until then w/o toolbox

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello j2w,

Thanks for your feedback. I just ran the same test with a 330 and I was able to reach a full 100% with no problem.

This issue could be related to your PC configuration. You said that is ok for you to not run tollbox because you will be changing your PC in the next year.

If you wish I can do troubleshooting on the issue. I would need to know the model of your motherboard and CPU you are using. Also when you run the toolbox test, are you running applications on the background? What version of Windows are you using?

I will be waiting for your feedback if you want additional troubleshooting on your issue.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
JWe
Beginner

Hi Juan,

Thank you for your offer. Here are my components:

Motherboard Name: Intel Roads End DZ77RE-75K

CPU Typ: QuadCore Intel Core i7-3770, 3400 MHz (34 x 100)

Windows Version: 10.0.17134.1

I've tried the toolbox w/o running applications in parallel.

In background ESET Antivirus, AIDA64 and the cloud services from OneDrive, Dropbox and GoogleSync.

Kind regards,

Je

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello j2w,

When your system goes to blue screen, does it show any error message?

A test you can do is to run the task manager and check for the CPU and memory usage in the moment of the failure, this will help us know if the issue is related to a hardware error.

Unfortunately your board has been declared end of life for a while now and there are no new updates for the BIOS or the drivers. Here is the link to the latest BIOS in case you don't already have it.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22828/BIOS-Update-GAZ7711H-86A-?product=63247

The issue could also be related to Windows 10 not been validated on this board.

I will be waiting for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello j2w,

I would like to know if you have any additional question I can assist you with.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
JWe
Beginner

Thank you, Juan!

The latest BIOS version is installed.

I do not have further questions at the moment.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello j2w,

I am glad I was able to assist you.

If you have any additional question do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos