Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

SSD Toolbox Error Message

SZimm3
Beginner

During a routine Full Diagnostic scan of my wife's Windows 10 PC using the Intel SSD Toolbox v. 3.4.9. for a series 530 240Gb SSD there was an error detected.

I downloaded & updated v. 3.4.9 on my PC, ran the same scan & got the same error message.

Having run these scans routinely since the PC purchase in 2014, that coincidence seems unlikely.

Is there something wrong with v. 3.4.9 causing these error messages?

SteveWestern

0 Kudos
27 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi SteveWestern,

Thanks for the reply.

We will provide this information to the engineering team in charge of the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox in order to check this logs for future tool releases.

Regards.

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SteveWestern,

Please check your private messages.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SteveWestern,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
GEuge
Beginner

Same here. See attached files. I have 2 intel 530 120GB ssd, one of them is dead after 18 months, used on diferent configurations of desktop. Should I not by intel in the future? I have 60 months warranty but for what use if it"s dead after 18 months?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi eugen6000,

As per Toolbox logs attached, we would like to inform you that your SSD is an Intel® SSD 540s Series. This situation is normally fixed with a firmware update, as per logs you have the latest firmware available for your SSD 042C and the situation remains.

We recommend you to contact your https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html local support team for further assistance.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
GEuge
Beginner

Sorry for mistake, indeed is 540, I will search the firmware update and will reply if the problem is solved or not.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi eugen6000,

Thanks for the reply.

We would like to inform you that based on the SMART details for the SSD provided, you are already running the latest firmware available which is 042C.

We recommend you to contact your https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html local support team for further assistance.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos