Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Windows 7 does not install Intel SSD Toolbox 3.4.0. I have Intel SSD 730 series and Toolbox 3.3.7.

idata
Employee

Windows 7 does not install Intel SSD Toolbox 3.4.0. I have Intel SSD 730 series and Toolbox 3.3.7.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

I responded to email from customer support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

I responded to email from customer support.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Edwanv,

We understand you can't install the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox 3.4.0 in your computer with Windows* 7. We have checked the logs provided and we would like to ask you if you have MS Visual C++ installed on it?

We have seen this happening before, so could you try to repair it or uninstall it and then try again and let us know?

Also, could you verify if the operating system is up to date?

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have:

Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable -x64 9.0.30729.17

Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) - 12.0.30501

Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) - 14.0.23026

I repaired Visual C++ 2015 took long time and I am not sure it was successful. I have a lot of windows update not updated because I do not use auto update. Now, when I select individual update it shows downloading but never does. There were no problems with previous versions of SSD Toolbox.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Edwanv,

We noticed this situation before with a previous customer and they actually removed Visual C++ 2015, after that, Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox 3.4.0 installed with no problem. This is a rare behavior since it does work fine with previous versions; but you may try uninstall it, install Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox and then try to install Visual C++ 2015.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Edwanv,

Checking at the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/solid-state-drives/intel-ssd-toolbox-3x-install-guide.pdf installation guide on page 5, you will see the requirements for this new version of the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox.

It is important to point out that it requires .Net Framework 4.0 version, which is only included in Windows® 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am not sure repairing or deleting Visual C++ helped to resolve my issue. My system already had Net Framework 4.0 required by previous Toolbox versions. Finally, I was able to install SSD Toolbox 3.4 by disabling my antivirus

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Edwanv,

That is very interesting, we will sure gather the feedback you provided about the antivirus. This may be rare; however, as you mentioned it could be related to Visual C++.

We are glad you now have the software installed and we will make sure we look at this situation for further help on all users.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos