Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

"Never run before" status on toolbox.

idata
Employee

Hello,

I'm using a SSD 330 120GB with the most recent toolbox. I have scheduled a weekly optimizer occurrence. But I have conflicting statuses. On the main window is "never run before" as on the optimizer window is the status I would expect. Which one I should take into consideration? Is there any way I can check that the trim is performed regularly?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
14 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Palex10,

We understand your optimize option from the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox seems to show the option is not running fine.

Thanks for the picture included, about TRIM feature, we would like to let you know that you can go ahead and download the follwoing program to verify it: http://aezay.dk/aezay/ssdz/SSD-Z_16.07.01wip.zip http://aezay.dk/aezay/ssdz/SSD-Z_16.07.01wip.zip

"These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there."

Once you run it, please check under device information, the option that says "TRIM", it should says Enabled.

We would like to check deeper on this situation, in the meantime, we just want to confirm the TRIM option is enabled.

Regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I forgot to mention that I'm using Win XP. Therefore, the SSD-Z is reporting that TRIM isn't enabled. That's why I'm forced to use Toolbox.

I made some investigations and it turns out that the TRIM is working fine when it's started manually (see intel_optimizer_started_manually.JPG). Also,

the scheduled task is working fine (see intel_optimizer-task_scheduled.JPG). However, the toolbox.exe ends with error 102 and of course, the TRIM is

not executed(see intel_optimizer_executed_from_console-err_102.JPG). I can tell you for sure because when I execute "toolbox -trim" in console it

takes 1-2 seconds in contrast to 1-2 minutes when started manually. Can you help me with that error?

Regards,

Alexandru Petrescu

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Palex10,

Thanks for the information provided. We will be checking on this situation and we will get back to you with updates, for Windows* XP it is recommended to run the optimizer, but we would like to also try to make some tests right here.

We will keep you posted.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Palex10,

We would like to know if your computer is always on when the optimizer is scheduled to run?

This because if not, it won't actually run at all. Another thing to keep in mind is that, the software will run in the background when performing the optimize, so you won't see the software loading at all.

Please refer to the following http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/ssdc/hpssd/sb/intel_ssd_toolbox_3_3_0_user_guide.pdf link, page 17 - 4.2, in order to learn more about the optimizer.

About the error 102, we are searching about this since it is not a common error.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Of course the computer is on when the optimizer is scheduled. And of course it will run in the background when started by scheduler. That's why I reported the 102 error I receive when I run the optimizer in console ( which is equivalent to running from Windows scheduler ). Until this error is gone, it is pretty obvious that the optimizer won't do its job when started by scheduled task.

Regards,

Alexandru Petrescu

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Palex10,

Thanks for replying back.

First we would like to know if you had this error with previous versions of Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox?

If you didn't, please share the versions of the software.

We would also like to ask you the following and let us know if you have tried this:

-Test the optimizer in a different operating system (WIndows 7*, Windows 8* or Windows® 10)?

-Tested Windows XP* and a newer SSD?

-Tested a newer operating system (WIndows 7*, Windows 8* or Windows® 10) and the Intel® Solid State Drive 330 series?

-Tested newer operating system (WIndows 7*, Windows 8* or Windows® 10) and newer SSD?

What version of the .net framework do you have installed?

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I didn't used any of the previous version of Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox.

Didn't tried any of the scenarios mentioned. And don't intend to do so. I just want to make it work on my particular system.

The .NET versions installed on my system are ( reported by ASoft .NET Version Detector 16 R1 ):

<32Bit>

->C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

->C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

->C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319

< Installed .NET Frameworks >

.NET FW 1.1 SP 1 (CLR:1.1)

.NET FW 2.0 SP 2 (CLR:2.0)

.NET FW 3.0 SP 2 (CLR:2.0)

.NET FW 3.5 SP 1 (CLR:2.0)

.NET FW 4.0 Client (CLR:4.0)

.NET FW 4.0 Full (CLR:4.0)

< Installed Updates >

< Installed Languages 3.0>

< Installed Languages 3.5.x>

English - United States

< Installed Languages 4.x>

English - United States

Regards,

Alexandru Petrescu

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Palex10,

We would like to get some logs from your Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox, the log can be found in your computer following this address:

-C:\Intel\Logs\IntelSSDTDK.log

Could you please attach the file here so we can further check this situation?

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

OK. Done.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Palex10,

Thanks for the log. We will be looking at this and we will notify you once we have our findings.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I solved this issue by upgrading to Toolbox 3.3.7 which became available on 28th Sep.

Regards,

Alexandru Petrescu

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Palex10,

Can you please confirm the error code 102 was also fixed?

We are glad to hear the optimizer is now working fine and we will be waiting for your response on this one.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, I confirm that now the optimizer ends with success when it is executed in console. The error is gone.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Palex10,

Thanks a lot for confirming that the issues were fixed. Any other questions you may have, feel free to post them.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos