Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

About debugging using JTAGUART

YSuzu21
New Contributor I

Write a NIOS/e program to QSPI memory.

I would like to debug using JTAGUART with NIOS II SBT, but is it possible?

Because the program exceeds the capacity of on-chip memory The program is written to the QSPI memory.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Isaac_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Yasuyuki,

Here is my answer,

When running and debugging code using the Nios II IDE, you can automatically connect to the JTAG UART of your system by following these steps:

1. Open the Run/Debug configuration (Go to the Run menu, choose Run/Debug and select the run/debug configuration you are using)
  2. Select the Target Connection tab
  3. Choose the JTAG UART in the Nios II Terminal communication device list box

If you want to access the JTAG UART on the target Nios II system outside of the Nios II IDE, open a Nios II SDK Shell and type the following command:

nios2-teminal

If you get the message "You have multiple JTAG cables available", type in the following to get a list of the cables available:

jtagconfig

Note the number of the cable that you want to use, and type the following:

nios2-terminal -- cable=<cable number>

Let me know if this works for your issue.

Best regards,

Isaac.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Isaac_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Yasuyuki,

Here is my answer,

When running and debugging code using the Nios II IDE, you can automatically connect to the JTAG UART of your system by following these steps:

1. Open the Run/Debug configuration (Go to the Run menu, choose Run/Debug and select the run/debug configuration you are using)
  2. Select the Target Connection tab
  3. Choose the JTAG UART in the Nios II Terminal communication device list box

If you want to access the JTAG UART on the target Nios II system outside of the Nios II IDE, open a Nios II SDK Shell and type the following command:

nios2-teminal

If you get the message "You have multiple JTAG cables available", type in the following to get a list of the cables available:

jtagconfig

Note the number of the cable that you want to use, and type the following:

nios2-terminal -- cable=<cable number>

Let me know if this works for your issue.

Best regards,

Isaac.

0 Kudos
YSuzu21
New Contributor I

Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
Isaac_V_Intel
Employee

You're welcome!

0 Kudos