Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15469 Discussions

Add Cyclone III device to Quartus II 13.1.

RPada2
Beginner

I have installed quartus 13.1 for my project and I wanted to install Cyclone III for my project. How can I do that?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Abe
Valued Contributor II

You can download the Cyclone device libraries from here:

http://download.altera.com/akdlm/software/acdsinst/13.1/162/ib_installers/cyclone_web-13.1.0.162.qdz

After downloading , install the device files via Quartus Device installer (Standalone) or via the Tools menu in Quartus II

RPada2
Beginner

​Abe,

Thanks for the update. I appreciate that.  I tried to install it from the Tools menu. I was not able to install from there. How can I install the device from Quartus Device Installer? I am not sure how it can be done. Can you please explain the steps?

Vicky1
Employee

Hi Riddhi,

Download the device Cyclone III(specific Subscription/ Web Edition) from Download center and then open Device Installer(Quartus 13.1) windows start menu or

Quartus "Tools" option(If available) to install the device.

Refer the below link & screenshot,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/downloads/download-center.html

Cyclone III.JPG

please let me know if this has helped

Regards,

Vikas

RPada2
Beginner

​​Thanks Vikas for the update. I have followed above listed steps. However, whenever I am trying to install device under the tools menu. I am getting a message which reads as shown in the attached figure. So, I tried to locate that file and tried to open it from there to quartus II. But, it doesn't let me install the device either. I am not what can be done in such case.1.jpg

RPada2
Beginner

​Thanks for the update. I have followed above listed steps. However, whenever I am trying to install device under the tools menu. I am getting a message which reads as shown in the attached figure.  So, I tried to locate that file and tried to open it from there to quartus II. But, it doesn't let me install the device either. I am not what can be done in such case.1.jpg

Abe
Valued Contributor II

You did try to launch the one that comes with Quartus II . what the message says is you have to use the Standalone device installer.. This will be present in the Windows start menu under Quartus -> Device Installer. Use this version of the device installer to add the device support.

RPada2
Beginner

I was able to install the device from the device installer. thanks for the help.